revalve really needed.

I understand where setting up a motor-cross bike up for off-road would need a re-valve for the different type of terrain, ,but my question is do I really need to re-valve my off-road bike (husaberg 2012 TE300) for off road, isnt it already valved for this, im just wondering because i know i need stiffer springs as these bikes are set up for about 180lbs+/- and im 240lbs. I dont have a problem putting the money out to do it but if im not going to see a big difference is it worth it.. thanks in advance

Jamis Mckinney.

No, you wont "need" a revalve. Just go buy the springs (used to save money, new if you dont care) and put them in, Go ride for 10hrs or more (until you have a good idea what your stock stuff feels like) play with the sag, clicker adjustment, etc etc. If you cant get the bike to exactly where you like, then consider a revalve, at that point you will know what you like about the bike and what you dont. Remember that lots of things affect suspension performance, A worn front tire, worn back tire, sliding the axle forward or backwards, chain tension, raising the fork tubes.

Being similar in weight to you, I will have to go with yes. Springs will help but you will have nowhere near enough rebound built into the stacks to contend with those springs and will also have nowhere near enough compression. I tried it for a month on my 300 with just springs and it was scary. If you have all tight woods riding you may get away without though.

yeah its mostly tight woods and rough trail, where i mostly ride its rock ledge so im dropping off or trying to bounce up, the only high speed sections i get are when i can manage to get on the snow-mobile trails. the shop im talking to is going to call factory connction try to figure a set up to go with, re-valveing needed or not... I heard that if I went to a stiffer spring and on revalveing that it make for a bouncy ride and i dont want that at all but cant stand what I have now much longer either..i have been rideing dirt bikes all my life just never put money into the suspension before. Thanks again for any and all input..

Edited by mckinNY

yeah its mostly tight woods and rough trail, where i mostly ride its rock ledge so im dropping off or trying to bounce up, the only high speed sections i get are when i can manage to get on the snow-mobile trails. the shop im talking to is going to call factory connction try to figure a set up to go with, re-valveing needed or not... I heard that if I went to a stiffer spring and on revalveing that it make for a bouncy ride and i dont want that at all but cant stand what I have now much longer either..

You heard wrong, a stiffer spring just holds the suspension higher in the stroke. A set of springs would do wonders for you.

Edited by Pumpkin450sxf

I would also start with stiffer springs first. Also, I would be worried if the shop you're working with needs to call FC for ideas - I would find a different shop then - one that has experience with your bike and/or understands the Berg suspension better.

I would also start with stiffer springs first. Also, I would be worried if the shop you're working with needs to call FC for ideas - I would find a different shop then - one that has experience with your bike and/or understands the Berg suspension better.

There's nothing wrong with making a call to get it right. Now what the call will yeild is completely different. I know some suspension pro's and they dont slather each other with too much info ?:bonk:

they were pretty up-front that they would be dealing with FC on getting the spring rates and doing the spring swap in house, also up front that if a revalve was in order that they would send it up to factory connection in NH and that they deal with them alot, ( the shop im talking to is in VT). They too are suggesting to just do a spring swap and try that out for a bit being that this bike is designed for off-road that it should be valved pretty close to what i want. Most shops i have called tell me the same thing, not enough experience with Husabergs to be real sure,at least this shop was confident in the fact that they are a KTM dealer and that the Husaberg is pretty close to the same thing they deal with on a reg basis.I guess it goes back to this...(individual results may vary). one thing for sure, im a big boy and need a big boy suspension..