Sign in to follow this  

Rebuilding kx450f head. Need Valve advice!

Hey so Im rebuilding my 2006 kx450f head Im putting in all new valves. Just wondering what my best bet would be OEM? Im on a budget but I will spend the extra money if its worth it. Please help I've been like at valves for like 2 weeks strait and can't decide what to do!! Thanks!

If its the first time youve done valves, i would first have your valve seats cut by a machine shop. If its a race bike, replace with OEM Titanium. Weekend weekend warrior i would do stainless steel for longevity. Make sure you you replace with the correct the springs with the SS, or your valves will float at near redline.

And always get new springs, even if you go with stock. They sag out over time, not only with use.

If its the first time youve done valves, i would first have your valve seats cut by a machine shop. If its a race bike, replace with OEM Titanium. Weekend weekend warrior i would do stainless steel for longevity. Make sure you you replace with the correct the springs with the SS, or your valves will float at near redline.

I enter into a few races in the summer for fun so I guess I'm still classified as a weekend warrior but I ride ALOT probably 3 or more times a week. Would you still recommend Stainless steel? I defiantly want longevity tho I'm not made of money lol . Thanks

I enter into a few races in the summer for fun so I guess I'm still classified as a weekend warrior but I ride ALOT probably 3 or more times a week. Would you still recommend Stainless steel? I defiantly want longevity tho I'm not made of money lol . Thanks

Yeah if it was me i would. I definately dont use my 450 to its full potential on the track in terms of power. In the desert i do. From what ive heard from weekend warrior people switching, I doubt you will even notice.

Edited by HappyGilmore

recommend oem titanium here..many people have had good experiences with stainless but the valve train and head was not designed for the extra weight...if properly maintained titanium will also give long life...stainless also require stiffer valve sprngs which are very costly...take your time researching everything including price before you make your decision..