Sign in to follow this  

where in the heck did this come from?

so yesterday after I put my cylinder back on I was admiring the complex and intertwined gearing of the bottom end (I have the entire clutch side cover off because im changing out the cam chain while rebuilding. I reach out and started fiddling with the plastic gear run by the clutch basket, which I've heard turns the oil pump. twisting it back and forth a bit and *tink* out falls a small washer from behind the oil pump gear. where did it come from? why did it fall out when i tinkered with the plastic oil pump gear? where am I?

IMG_20120128_173729.jpg

I'll check but I didn't even take the springs off the bolts. is there washers behind the springs?

looks to me like the washer that goes behind the cam chain tensioner blade you have removed to replace the chain. Goes on the bolt that holds the blade in BEHIND the blade if i remember correctly. Probably slipped down without you seeing during removal.

went searching myself and I think I found it...

I did not have a washer set aside for here: I'm thinking this is it. if so I'm more of an idiot than I thought I was.

edit: I see while I was typing this someone pointed me in the right direction. checked out in the garage and it fits in that location.... If I wouldn't have fiddled with that gear I wouldn't have found it until it was too late.

unknownwasher.jpg

Edited by Davenjw

went searching myself and I think I found it...

I did not have a washer set aside for here: I'm thinking this is it. if so I'm more of an idiot than I thought I was.

edit: I see while I was typing this someone pointed me in the right direction. checked out in the garage and it fits in that location.... If I wouldn't have fiddled with that gear I wouldn't have found it until it was too late.

unknownwasher.jpg

glad it's sorted. i guess everything happens for a reason.

glad it's sorted. i guess everything happens for a reason.

I'm not religious at all, but If I was I'd be throwing an extra couple dollars on the plate tomorrow! makes me want to go start fiddling with more stuff lol.

I'm not religious at all, but If I was I'd be throwing an extra couple dollars on the plate tomorrow! makes me want to go start fiddling with more stuff lol.

i find the church not very help-ful with the DRZ. The TT store on the other hand. :smirk: