Sign in to follow this  

95 RMX question need suggestions.

okay guys, its a 95 RMXs, whats goin on is an issue in responsivness, going from decelerating (throttle completly closed) to givin it throttle, i has a lil (buhhh) for a split second then its good though out rest of range. what would most likely be the culprit? I feel its too Rich down low, but IDK. carb tuning is just not one of my strong areas. might just be the carb itself?

here's some specs on it:

running 92 octane 32:1, good topend, PVs just cleaned, fmf gold series, Answer SA 2 pro silencer(just repacked). clean n oiled lightly Twin air filter, reeds look good, new plug, airbox lid removed. it does smoke abit when warm, and there is spooge on end of silencer (no dripping).

the carb:

its a PJ 29E2 38mm, float set at 16mm, viton tip looks good, MJ is 180 (165 is stock), PJ is 60 (stock), needle is 1472M 1L.

climate and elevation:

0-1500ft ASL, temps 30-45, mixture of rainy wet days to crisp cool days in same week.

I think you should try a 58 and maybe a 55 pilot. One of the absolute best woods bikes ever made by anyone. Wish I could find a leftover in a crate somewhere. Competitive with with anything made today.

Edited by YHGEORGE

It's the cold temperature that is messing with you. Colder air is denser which means that you need more fuel in the air to maintain the correct air/fuel ratio. That said YHGEORGE could be right in recommending a jet change, I personally would try adjusting the air screw first. I seem to think that the stock setting for the air screw is about 1½ turns out, if so, then try going to 1 or even ¾ turns out.

If that doesn't work then pull the carb and the pilot jet and go one size up on the pilot jet, reset the air screw back to stock and test. If it still bogs then reduce the air screw setting and repeat ....

Edited by zig06