Sign in to follow this  

Frame mounts for body work are stripped...what do I do?

So a few of the mounts on my cr250 where the plastics are bolted are stripped or close to being stripped. Is there any way of taking care of this???

So a few of the mounts on my cr250 where the plastics are bolted are stripped or close to being stripped. Is there any way of taking care of this???

get a tap and re tap the threads

If they are stripped you can re tap something that isn't there, and I don't think you want to use a larger bolt. It's still an easy fix however. Just go the a hardware store or autoparts store and get a heli coil kit for the proper size bolt, That will fix it properly. If you have never used one of these kits before, you might want to try it out on a scrap part or something first so you understand how it works. You want to get it right when you use it on your bike..

im not shure exactly what ur talking about for threads but for a yamaha on the subframe they dont thread into the aluminum. they use nut serts. you can grind them out and replace the nutsert using the special tool thats similar a rivet gun, and get the correct size nut serts

13502d1195648820-nutsert-tool-nutsert-1.jpg

im not shure exactly what ur talking about for threads but for a yamaha on the subframe they dont thread into the aluminum. they use nut serts. you can grind them out and replace the nutsert using the special tool thats similar a rivet gun, and get the correct size nut serts

13502d1195648820-nutsert-tool-nutsert-1.jpg

if you use this on a part thats not drilled and toleranced for it you will split the alumnium( i have tried this) use the heli coil its looks like a spring and it fits into existing threads and basically is like a replacment with out having to re-tap to a larger size

• Like 1