Sign in to follow this  

Vibration of KX65

I've read a lot of the threads on vibration through the handlebars but my son is struggling with the vibration through the seat. So much so his bits hurt the following day! (He's only 8). Can anything be done? Will adjusting the suspension in any way help? I've told him to stand up more!

the only thing i can think to do would be getting the rims trued. may have a couple wobbly rims. you can adjust the suspension. it might be to stiff for him. about all else you can do is try and teach him to stand more like you said. try lowering tire pressure a little also.

Edited by bansheedave

The kawis actually have the softest seats. teach him to start standing now. It'll be hard for him to break that habit as he gets older. But try what dave said too. Softening the suspension should ease the ride a bit.

The suspension is already quite soft but I'll have a look at it and the tyre pressure. i couldn't ride it, it feels horrible.

Where's the vibration coming from? Have you checked the motor mounts? Our 65's came loose a few times.

Kids that age like to sit a lot, so it's normal. I went through it with both boys. Take the seat off if need be. I noticed though once they start to go faster they will just position their body naturally. On bad days (slow) my 10 yo would sit, on good days (fast) he would stand.

I dont know a lot about bikes, kinda learning as I go, so I've know idea where the vibration is coming from. The more you rev the more it vibrates. I thought it was probably normal, my first 125 road bike used to leave me with numb hands, but then this is why I don't like mx. Too hard on my little old body!

He does stand when he's on a proper track and like you say, when he gets up a bit of speed. But sometimes we just go to a flat area and he sits and rides like he would a road bike. I'll just tell him he needs to stand up. The vibration is bad all over the bike, maybe if i fill the handlebars like others suggest it'll dampen things off a bit?

I dont know a lot about bikes, kinda learning as I go, so I've know idea where the vibration is coming from. The more you rev the more it vibrates. I thought it was probably normal, my first 125 road bike used to leave me with numb hands, but then this is why I don't like mx. Too hard on my little old body!

He does stand when he's on a proper track and like you say, when he gets up a bit of speed. But sometimes we just go to a flat area and he sits and rides like he would a road bike. I'll just tell him he needs to stand up. The vibration is bad all over the bike, maybe if i fill the handlebars like others suggest it'll dampen things off a bit?

If it vibrates more with revs up I'd guess it was the engine. Tighten the 3 (If I remember right) motor mounts. Look under motor, from head to frame and swingarm for locations (just look where the motor connects to the frame). Get a repair manual if you don't have one already.

If it vibrates more with revs up I'd guess it was the engine. Tighten the 3 (If I remember right) motor mounts. Look under motor, from head to frame and swingarm for locations (just look where the motor connects to the frame). Get a repair manual if you don't have one already.

Thanks for this. Who'd have thought a couple of turns of a bolt would make so much difference!