Sign in to follow this  

2004 TTR 125 tank cracked leaking gas on exhaust header!

My 2004 TTR 125 gas tank is cracked on both sides near bottom and leaking fuel on exhaust header! The bike has not been crashed, the tank just split for whatever reason? The bike is too old to spend $250 for a new OEM tank. Is there an aftermarket tank available? Please respond to cphdrider@aol.com and thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by cphdrider

• Find a used one on ebay, and drain the old one and don't ride it or start it until you do. You have seen pictures of the crispy skin on burn victims, I assume? :smirk:

A 2004 bike is too old to spend money on? That's still a new bike to me.

I just bought a ttr 90 for my son. The tank was cracked in 3 places in its lifetime. I patched the latest with JB Weld "quick set 4hr". One of the repair jobs was done with general purpose silicone. It leaked.

To patch I went around the crack with 220 grit sand paper "any should be fine" to scuff the area. Mixed the JB Weld with a plastic spoon and applied it to the crack and area around it.

The video is his first ride (yesterday). He laid it down 3 times in a sand pit and the JB Weld held up.