Sign in to follow this  

Other hobbies you did or do besides riding dirt bikes

I use to drag race, lots of money for short period of time,race karts, rode a harley. Now i do track days in a porsche, get out to the gun range once in a while but i have always wanted to ride moto just for fun so im making the plunge. Anyone regret giving up another hobby to ride mx? At 38 im looking to enjoy time riding with my son, being at the track just practicing no racing seems like a great father son day.

• Like 1

I use to drag race, lots of money for short period of time,race karts, rode a harley. Now i do track days in a porsche, get out to the gun range once in a while but i have always wanted to ride moto just for fun so im making the plunge. Anyone regret giving up another hobby to ride mx? At 38 im looking to enjoy time riding with my son, being at the track just practicing no racing seems like a great father son day.

I am the same age and do the same thing, but we do race as well. I did the same thing with my Dad and wouldn't trade those times for anything.

My other hobbies are hunting, fishing, and long range precision rifle shooting.

I enjoy hunting, used to do paintball (really freaking expensive), but i also have a harley (my favorite of the two bikes). But then one day i finally got to go down to go riding with my buddies for the first time (on an old beat to piss dt175) and had an absolute blast on it. I definitely don't regret giving up paintball, the idea of it just isn't fun to me anymore. My harley is my commuter now and my main way of getting around (when winter is done).

My hobbies have included martial arts, surfing, fishing, drag racing, autocross, marathons and triathlons and NOTHING can compare to motocross for me. I now race with my two Sons and my only regret is that I didn't get back into it a lot sooner than I did, as I raced from 1975 to 1984 and didn't start back until 2006. It is by far the best.

Well i havent had to many big hobbys i have always rode dirtbikes or had them.but i also was into fourwheeling put tones of money into a comp crawler jeep and rock crawling can give you some thrills and is fun but i would always prefer to ride my bike over takeing the jeep out so long story short i sold it and bought a new 450 and some gear and started racing and wouldent look back no regrets hear.and compared to your other hobbies i feel you wouldent regreat makeing the plunge you only liv once try it all :smirk:

I fly R/C airplanes just getting into dirt biking this year...and can't wait!

Edited by Alway Flying

Im psyched to get going also. My son races karts also but he loves riding quads and dirt bikes so i hope we get to spend a ton of time doing this. I may be thinking to far a head but when im 40 i may try a motox race also, even if i come in last just to give it a shot.

• Like 1

I like to run mud runs/obstacle races like the Tough Mudder or Warrior Dash. Grab a few friends who don't ride but like to get dirty and it's probably the funnest thing i've done.

I fly RC planes too. Thousands of dollars worth of them.

Now just got back into dirt biking. I had some mini bikes/dirt bikes when I was a kid.

Now have three boys and a couple of them have some interest. I've always wanted to....so now I do!

47....almost 48 years old.

Coo

i use to play alot of paintball, was really big into it, then just snowmobiling in the winter and mudding when its to wet to ride.

Freeride mountain biking is one of my favorite things to do and I just started dusting off the BMX bikes again to work with a buddy's two boys. Hiking & xc running is a nice escape for me from the daily grind but my two newest ?hobbies? are souly for the love of my daughter who has really taken a liking to Razor scooters and roller skating. I have crashed my ass off on my recently bought flea market razor while trying to show off and Im REALLY dreading the day I come across a set of cheap used roller blades in size 12 lol.

I fly RC planes too. Thousands of dollars worth of them.

Now just got back into dirt biking. I had some mini bikes/dirt bikes when I was a kid.

Now have three boys and a couple of them have some interest. I've always wanted to....so now I do!

47....almost 48 years old.

Coo

I'm with you on that R/C plane's add up quick specially when your in to the giant scale!...I've got 1 carden 35% extra 260,Twin 3W 106cc on pefa cans,AW edge bme 58cc es composite pipe,H9 Cap 232 crrc 56cc twin,Red wing mxs,30cc SE,andf a hand full of glow planes! What are you flying? have fun this year riding too i got my 9yr old a bike too so it should be a great time

I race BMX,Do alot of camping,but it is almost alway's at a Dirtbike race.The gym and running,Oh and i started doing Yoga last year.....Has really helped my flexability alot!! :smirk:

Old guns, M1Garrand, Mosin 91, Mauser Sporter in various calibers, original Win. 30-30. I reload too. I am going to get back into hunting too, birds and deer.

I really missed all that.

I ride/race but have gotten the DS itch. I can leave from my house and explore some awesome areas, no truck needed. Just throw the fishing rod on your back and your off. I can access 100s of areas that other vehicles cant. I enjoy camping a lot too. Something about being away from people every so often that just brings you inner peace.

I race BMX,Do alot of camping,but it is almost alway's at a Dirtbike race.The gym and running,Oh and i started doing Yoga last year.....Has really helped my flexability alot!! :smirk:

Dude Yoga is no joke. My ex was really into it and got me to try and all I have to say is it made my muscle fatigue much better but damn it hurts to put body parts in positions they were never supposed to be in.

Edited by BBA

I play golf and curling. Probably the only guy on this site that curls. I also like to work on mini bikes. I've got an 85 yz80, 01 kx 60 and a couple of old pw 50s on the go. I love motocross bikes!

I have a traxxas summit rc truck and a mountain bike that I enjoy riding alot. The rc truck was an ebay find so I got it at a good price, I get together with some of my riding buddies that have rc trucks and we drive when we dont have time to go ride.