Sign in to follow this  

Michigan When can you typically ride the first time

Hey guys, the way this winters going its already got my focused on the first ride. eventhough I'm an avide snowmobiler I just cant wait to throw my leg over the bike this season. I'm a highschool student, me and some buddies were hoping to ride during spring break(first week in april) can you usually ride that early? typically we would wait but for what ever reason this season seems different we'll be riding in the rose city mio area....

Typically, that early is hit or miss. Further south, the better chance of clear trails. We normally head to Tennessee to ride that time of year (Club Ride).

Usually we start trail maintenance in mid-April and usually it's clear of snow (Geels, just north of St Helen).

With this year's lack of snow, you should be riding by the beginning of April easy.

Depends on how much snow you want to ride in. Log road has there season opener practice last weekend in march.

In 2010, a few of us headed up to St. Helen mid March. It snowed a little overnight with some mighty cold temps, but warmed up to upper 40's lower 50's during the daylight hours. Putting up tents at midnight with snow coming down and hands freezing was a night to remember.

This year, if things hold the same, late February seems reasonable for those of us that hibernate with our bikes and don't ride with the spikey tires, you know, those of us that are SANE!!!!! :smirk: