Sign in to follow this  

dunlop decisions

it's around that time for the bike to have some fresh tires on her. so far i've rode bridgestone and michelin, and wanting to try dunlop now sense they seem to be "THE TIRE". I've been looking at the d952's or the mx51's. i love me some sand, here and there i'll ride some clay, its not usual for me to be on a hard packed track, even though i need to be more often, and i dont mind just plain dirt either. let me hear your input!!

it's around that time for the bike to have some fresh tires on her. so far i've rode bridgestone and michelin, and wanting to try dunlop now sense they seem to be "THE TIRE". I've been looking at the d952's or the mx51's. i love me some sand, here and there i'll ride some clay, its not usual for me to be on a hard packed track, even though i need to be more often, and i dont mind just plain dirt either. let me hear your input!!

Like you said.......time for some tires. I'm getting ready for this racing season and I've got 2 new dunlop MX51 rear's that I got from last years racing banquet for coming in 1st in my class. Like Pumpkin stated with his MX 51 rear and 31 front .....this is what I'm going to try.

Since I have the MX 51 rear's ....I ordered me a MX 31 front. I'm going to use this combo for the first race in March.

The second race is at a track that is sandy (Not full blown deep sand) but that sandy/mix of soil that they have down in North Carolina. I ordered Michelin S12XC's front and rear for this track and too use on days that will be kinda muddy at other tracks.

I hope the MX 31 front and 51 rear will do as good as the Pirelli MXMS's I had used last year. I really liked the Pirelli MXMS's They done well at every track including the sandy one in NC.

has anyone ever used a Dunlop 742FA on a sandy terrain track? Reason I was asking cause,a few of us are going to to a track in NC called windy Hill MX next Saturday. This track is sandy with a mix of dirt and I have a 742FA with only a couple of rides on it that is on my 450 now.

I have a Michelin MS3 Starcross front tire but it is about half worn. I didnt want to change the front if the 742FA would do decent on this type of terrain.