Sign in to follow this  

Wiring headlight on my CRF150F

Hello I bought a headlight and signals for my CRF 150F and was wondering how difficult it is to install? I don't have much electrical experience so i don't know where to start. is there a special harness I need to buy? Thanks for any info

Hello I bought a headlight and signals for my CRF 150F and was wondering how difficult it is to install? I don't have much electrical experience so i don't know where to start. is there a special harness I need to buy? Thanks for any info

Correct me if I'm wrong... It's been a while since I last wrenched ion a 150F...

First off, does your bike have electric start? If not, all is not lost. However, you most likely do not have the proper stator on your engine. This is one place the 150F differs from the 230.... You'll need to go to the aftermarket and obtain either a rewound stator or a new stator specifically made for adding lights. It's a easy conversion. Just take your time, read the instructions twice. Then once again. BTW... Splitting the cases if not necessary on the 150F but pulling one of the outside engine covers is. That said, you will need at least that side cover gasket.

I've always used products from Baja Designs for this type of conversion. Their all inclusive kits are easy to install and well thought out. PLUS... And it's a BIG plus... Their customer service is unsurpassed!!

(note: I'm not affiliated with Baja Designs in any way. I'm a loyal end user that has had GREAT luck with their products.)

Yes it does have electric start..is there a way to wire into that so that the headlight only runs when key is on or started?