Sign in to follow this  

NewMexico Riding near albuquerque?

Goin to be around Albuquerque on the 10th and 11th of febuary. never riden in the area. I like desert, singletrack, and sand dunes(dont currently have a paddle tire though). The tougher the better. goin to be a short trip. just lookin for the right direction to start in. will gladly ricipricate trail advice for central colorado(i average 3000 miles a season here).

I live near San Antonio and had some work to do out there, north of town is a huge public riding area called Rio Bravo, or Rio Rancho, one or the other, about 11 miles north of Albuquerque, I was on my adventure ready DRZ with IRC brand tires, I have a stock motor with lighter flywheel and a 41 tooth rear sprocket, I was able to ride fine out there, probably surprised a few of the kids out there on my DP bike, even took my girlfriend on some of the trails, what a blast! You got dunes, sand trails, cliff trails, can't wait to go out again. Most land on NM is public which is perfect for a plated DRZ like I have. There were 4 wheelers, side by sides, rock crawler jeeps, go on a weekend and enjoy the show, the 4x4 jeeps are amazing out there!

I live in Albuquerque/Rio Rancho. You want to ride in Rio Rancho on the west mesa outside of town. If you need directions to single track, I know of places with hundreds of miles of single track, technical, whoops, sandy, rocky, sand washes, hills, etc. Call me at 505-301-6990 and my name is Evan. I'll give you a few options.

Where do you all find people to ride with around here? I have a few buddies from work, but I'm looking for more people to hit the trails with since it seems like I want to get out more than them :thumbsup: I live on base (Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque), but regularly go to Southern, the dunes, Chamisoso Canyon/Cedro Peak. I'm open to new spots and am willing to try whatever terrain you might know about. I've heard the Jemez area is a pretty good one to hit, but haven't been there yet. I'm definitely interested in the single track mentioned earlier in the thread as well.

I'm on a WR450 and my wife rides a Raptor 700, but she doesn't come out every time. Let me know if anyone wants to get together and ride!