Sign in to follow this  

Supercross villapoto faded?

definately didnt look comfortable out there, also the whole race seemed a little boring... imo.

i was hoping to see alot more battles myself!

In his post race interview at the race he stated that after he got behind reed he made a few mistakes and then tightened up and rode safe.

He hunted js7 down in his heat though. He still had more speed than anyone visually last night.

Reed is a master at keeping faster riders behind him. Every lap he would cross over and get in RV's line through the rhythm section. It looked to me tha Poto just settled for third

He is still the man to beat IMO but it shows that the other guys can still run with him. For awhile there I thought he was going to run away with the championship. I'm still pulling for Dungy, if he can get the start his lap times prove that he is as fast as any of them.

Sometimes the rider does not feel comfortable for whatever reasons ( track, weather, etc) and ease off a little and salvage some points( something I think JGR has installed into JS& this year). That is a key some riders lack. Last night JS7 was very comfortable ( imo I believe the track suited him better). .

Tomac has really stepped up this year. He has been looking great so far.

As for Osborne, I have seen him race the GP's and knew he could put in some great rides. I read that this was his last race for supercross and is going back to England to get ready for the GP's ( that sucks). If it is ....then good luck 338 and kick some butt over there in the GP's.

he was taking all outside lines, maybe his bike wasn't cornering well on the inside.

he looked fast but backed off toward the end.

i think he figured he would get the points and stay on two wheels

from what I've seen, he was closing on reed, made a couple mistakes that let reed get a lil further ahead and at that point he went for salavaging points.

from what I've seen, he was closing on reed, made a couple mistakes that let reed get a lil further ahead and at that point he went for salavaging points.

I wouldn't say he was "salvaging points". Nothing at all wrong with 20pts.

He rode smart...

• Like 2

Last night proved that there are 4 guys with the speed and skill to win it on any given night.

But I believe RV will prove he can catch and pass anyone more often.

And with good starts it's going to be hard to catch him

I wouldn't say he was "salvaging points". Nothing at all wrong with 20pts.

He rode smart...

Villipoto is imo the best rider out there, he's shown that he has blazing speed thats on par with JS7, but yet he also knows when its time to back it down and ride "strategically"

• Like 1

His post race comments tell me he just wasn't feeling it. Smart racing to keep it real rather than pushing it too far and end up taking a dirt nap. Stewart has that covered but yesterday was his day. You can't ask for better racing, 4 races with 4 different winners.

Joe......

Villlopoto seems to win a lot when the other riders in front lose. Too complacent in my mind (not saying he is not good ... just not the balls of JS or Reed when it comes down to it).

I was watching Stewart, Reed and RV with Banoks last night at the race.

RVs front end would not plant and was skipping. If RV would have pushed any harder he would have thrown it all away. RV was FAST in the whoops!

The Pro Circuit Team could not get their bikes to work on the Oakland track and Ratray was carted off on a back board. Dean Wilson was lucky he did not keep Ratray company in the Astrics ER.

Oakland was a glorified Arena Cross Track with high lips to the jump that could have been used for back flips. No scrubs allowed I guess? Stewie was able to go though the air faster then anyone else and that is the main reason he won. Tomac also had the track dialed in.

That's interesting about the bikes, Will check it out in the lites tonight. I didn't think Stewart's bike looked good either but he held it together to keep the podiums interesting. Poto def has the fastest bike out there and smooth enough to ride it. His corners looked good to me. Speed when he wanted it and the bike looked good. Either he was hanging back and waiting for the 22/7 fireworks (he's done that before and lucked out) or, imo, he just wasn't up for pushing the edge last night and rode the comfortable race. Thankfully the track was better than the last few.

Sometimes the rider does not feel comfortable for whatever reasons ( track, weather, etc) and ease off a little and salvage some points( something I think JGR has installed into JS& this year). That is a key some riders lack. Last night JS7 was very comfortable ( imo I believe the track suited him better). .

Tomac has really stepped up this year. He has been looking great so far.

As for Osborne, I have seen him race the GP's and knew he could put in some great rides. I read that this was his last race for supercross and is going back to England to get ready for the GP's ( that sucks). If it is ....then good luck 338 and kick some butt over there in the GP's.

^^Pretty much explains how I feel.

RV rode smart at the end and JS seemed to be more comfortable as I've seen him this year. Dungey & Reed both showed great riding and as for ZO, dude, you are having a great season in the lites, stay on this side of the pond and continue the good fight!

I was surprised how little of a battle Dungey put up..Maybe he was having trouble with his KTM.

Reed was cross jumping all over the place and Poto almost muffed it a few times trying to get around him, can watch his front end getting sloppier as the race kept on. Probably figured it wasnt worth it in the fourth round, looked fast at times but as ther race went on the KX didn't look as sharp. Dissapointed that he didn't keep trying, the first couple laps were great with the three battling it out. Stewie pulled it out and he looked sharp, going to be a heck of a year. There was also a flu rumour with the Ryans and a couple of other guys... Remember Stewart, Tedesco, Metcalfe, Rattray, Wilson all went through a bug in the last few weeks.

Reed was cross jumping all over the place and Poto almost muffed it a few times trying to get around him, can watch his front end getting sloppier as the race kept on. Probably figured it wasnt worth it in the fourth round, looked fast at times but as ther race went on the KX didn't look as sharp. Dissapointed that he didn't keep trying, the first couple laps were great with the three battling it out. Stewie pulled it out and he looked sharp, going to be a heck of a year. There was also a flu rumour with the Ryans and a couple of other guys... Remember Stewart, Tedesco, Metcalfe, Rattray, Wilson all went through a bug in the last few weeks.

if thats is true about the flu , I give props to poto for not using it as an excuse .......... the first few laps of that race was sweet !!

Edited by DH367