Sign in to follow this  

YZ air filter

I just got a new Uni filter and it has no plastic grommet in it like the Twin air. How is everyone putting these in?

Its in the bike right now. I took the gromment from the twin air put it on the cage then put the filter on over it. The Uni just has a small hole in the foam just big enough for the bolt. I'm not really liking it. It is the correct part #

My dt1 filter didnt have anything either. I wanted to ride so i rigged a rubber washer instead.

They do not use them even the stock yz filters do not use them. Dont worry about it. I have never had 1 rip and i have been using them for many years.

If you want one with a grommet, get a '05-'07 (higher?) RM-Z450 filter. Probably the same as an RM250 as well.

As mentioned, the stock filter did not have a rubber grommet, the filter cage should have a shouldered end that goes thru the filter then the bolt with a shouldered washer secures it. I put a little grease under the washer when installing (just because), which maybe overkill but does not hurt anything.