Sign in to follow this  

Any 6.0 techs in here?

Just bought an 07 F250 with a 6.0. The truck has 30k on it and is still covered under powertrain. I would like to do the "bullet proof" mods as soon as possible- exhaust, egr delete, update the sct fitting, and arp head studs. My question is why does everyone pull the cabs to do the studs? The diesel tech at the ford dealership I work at tells me he does them with the cab on. He takes out the engine mounts and drops the engine down a bit and does it that way. Also, should I bring the heads to a machine shop and have them checked and skim cut them even if the head gaskets arent bown? And where can I get the torque sequence/ specs? Do they come with the kit?

check out powerstroke.org or powerstrokenation.com

you will just get flamed hear cause 99% of the people on this board hate ford and rag on the powerstrokes . runing the rummer mill ...

they say if you have a lift it easier to lift cab but you can do heads as it sit just a little bit more work and the hassle of having to climb up and down all day vs walking right next to motor.

Edited by mx730md

check out powerstroke.org or powerstrokenation.com

you will just get flamed hear cause 99% of the people on this board hate ford and rag on the powerstrokes . runing the rummer mill ...

they say if you have a lift it easier to lift cab but you can do heads as it sit just a little bit more work and the hassle of having to climb up and down all day vs walking right next to motor.

Why would you need to do heads, "bolts pulling out" or something like that. :smirk:

I heard that Ford isn't allowed to pull cabs anymore after Mt Airy Ford dropped one off the lift and totaled a brand new truck

They pull the cab because it is actually easier to do if you have the resources to do it, but not many people have a lift in their garage. But it can be done with the cab on. Go over to powerstroke.org and in the 6.0 section there is a whole write up with doing it with the cab on. The 6.0 is just as good as any other, you just have to take a few steps to get there. And every diesel out there has had their issues be it injectors, transmission etc. Once you do what your planning on doing you could add compounds on it and make 700 dependable horsepower. I myself have an 04 with stock studs,egr everything and I am running one of te hottest tunes out there on stock head bolts. The tune is for a studded truck and i know im taking a risk but have had no issues in the year that ive owned it and its been tuned the whole time.

I heard that Ford isn't allowed to pull cabs anymore after Mt Airy Ford dropped one off the lift and totaled a brand new truck

i doubt thats true. trucks fall off of lifts at repair shops every once in a while and they just have a smarter kid use the lift after that haha

Each dealership has their own insurance policies...FoMoCo doesn't insure the service department.

If Ford could ban lift use, they'd have banned the dealer I worked at from using them for anything ever again...we had a drive-through shop (center aisle with bays to left and right). Tech was pulling in a brand new cube van to do a PDI inspection. On the drive-on hoist, there was a fairly new (less than a year old) tow truck, it was up in the air with the wheel lift sticking out. You can see where this is going......

Cube van roof tags tow truck wheel lift, pulling tow truck off hoist and directly on top of.....the most expensive vehicle in the shop!

A brand new, zero miles Ford Excursion with a turtle top conversion (high roof), with wheelchair lift and hand controls for a paraplegic that was being PDI'ed.

Between the cube van, the tow truck, the Excursion and the destroyed hoist, it was something like 200K+ in damages.

TT isn't the best place to ask for truck/diesel help...everyone will tell you to buy a 2wd compact truck and spend the extra money on your bike. Take the advice of others and join powerstroke.org or powerstrokenation.com. Those guys will actually help you and not just argue about this vs. that.