Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Main event gate picks

Can anybody tell me how the gate picks for the main event are determined from the two heat races?

the order they finish in the heats is the order they get to pick there gate. gate position is up to the rider

first rider in each heat gets first pick and on down the line

what determines who's in each Heat Race? is that purely timing as well, or is there some human intelligence built into it?

I would like to see one of the strooges use the pen lIke John Madden used to in football. When the camera show the entire gate.You know here is where so and so is lined up,heres the best line for the wholeshot, etc.. BOOM!

If I could write on the reply there would be a bunch of lines and X's and O's..BOOM!

• Like 1

what determines who's in each Heat Race? is that purely timing as well, or is there some human intelligence built into it?

It goes by their qualifying laps earlier in the day.

It goes by their qualifying laps earlier in the day.

Im sure that this is correct BUUUUT it does seem that someone behind the curtain is making sure that there is good racing in BOTH of the heat races and not just the first or second..... (just a conspiracy theory im sure)

Because they rotate by qualifying times to determine which heat race the rider is in. 2nd heat race includes 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, etc etc. 1st heat includes 2nd, 4th, 6th, etc. etc. So there will always be good racing in each heat.

Because they rotate by qualifying times to determine which heat race the rider is in. 2nd heat race includes 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, etc etc. 1st heat includes 2nd, 4th, 6th, etc. etc. So there will always be good racing in each heat.

There someone goes making perfect sence again.... I am fairly certain that this is indeed the case... but c'mon you have to admit that whenever theres a Big rivalry happening it would appear that they always end up facing off in the main first the first time that day... even though I realize this is on par with the 2nd gun theory :smirk:

• Like 1

There's the answer I was lookin for. Thanks brudda...

I would like to see one of the strooges use the pen lIke John Madden used to in football. When the camera show the entire gate.You know here is where so and so is lined up,heres the best line for the wholeshot, etc.. BOOM!

If I could write on the reply there would be a bunch of lines and X's and O's..BOOM!

Emig uses the pen

Edited by meyermetal