Sign in to follow this  

2008 crf250r idleing issue

Hey guys i have a 08 crf250r and tore my seal between the throttle plate and throttle valve. I see its common but where can you buy just the seal, I have only found places u have to buy the cover and seal for like $75. Im hoping i can just buy the seal somewhere.. Also does anyone know the stock jetting to this bike. Thanks alot!!

Find a Yamaha dealer, they carry them by themselves. Honda can't seem to figure it out. Same goes for the leak jets.

I just bought one yesterday for our 2007 at the Yamaha dealer, $10.00. I'm not sure what size Carb is on the 08. The 07 has the 40mm carb. The parts numbers were the same for the 37mm and 40mm, so I bought one for an 07 yz250.

Thanks guys i ordered one up to day. those things are a pain to find. I also have another question i just bought the bike and the guy has the jetting all messed up i think. i am reading stock jetting in 08 was a 188 mj, 42 piolet and a 70 leak jet. in the bike he has a 175 mj, 48 piolet, and a 70 leak. it barely idles im assuming the big piolet is the cause so i am going to order a 42 for it. but should i go back to the 188 mj. it has the twin air air filter cage on it with full pro circuit ti exhaust.

172 main, 42 pilot and a 40 or 45 leak jet. Depending on the temperature, when it gets colder you may want to consider a 45 pilot. The 188 main is way too big for these bikes.

The 08 has a 40mm carb also.

Edited by Charlie C