Sign in to follow this  

Illinois Where is the best trail riding in Illinois?

Looking for the best place to ride trails.

If you ever get tired of trying to find places to ride In IL come on down to MO. I'm from central IL and know how hard it is to find places to ride. Now I have my own riding area in MO that is open to everyone on a bike (NO QUADTARDS) www.briggs.studiocdz.com There are also several miles of other trails available that are not shown on my website. Rode an 80 mile loop last weekend with a guy from Peoria.

• Like 1

briggs1..I live in the Fenton area and have ridden streetbikes out that way but now ride off road only and NEED to ride your place! My family rides St.Joe and an inlaws farm in Robertsville (.7 mile trail) and sometimes Action on hwy47. I've seen your website but always forget! I'll be out soon, as my oldest just bought himself a '03 yz250f thats just sitting in the garage taunting him!

keithsburg, would it be a good place to take a buddy for his first race? since you know it looks pretty laid back?

If you don't mind a few whoops it would be ok.

So, HELP some of us newbies out to the central IL area. I was thinking that the Canton club would be a good one to join, since i live in Peoria. I have looked into the local clubs Peoria has a waiting list and pekin looks like mostly flat track guys.

I notice that you are a Canton club member any recommendations.

I would really enjoy to find some people who like to ride as much as myself, it gets old going by your self.

Yes definitly join the canton club, it's not that far from you, great bunch of guys. A fringe benefit will include riding at a killer location if your willing to put in the work,and you might find yourself invited to ride at other areas if you do indeed put forth the effort.

Just like anything else... Gotta pay your dues Bro

And how do you know this????????????????

Also you left off the enduro and GP directors wife. Hope you don't expect to do well in those events.

He's still pissed off about the whole jacket thing.

eastern dupage.

- and to all you guys who dont want quads there, i understand, but do you think they are really going to look at this exact thread?

Hmmm, DuPage....where about?

And how do you know this????????????????

Also you left off the enduro and GP directors wife. Hope you don't expect to do well in those events.

He's been picking on my lately, we'll see what I think of him after this weekend.

Anybody here go riding at the Cliffs insane terrain park or badlands out in Attica IN?

Im just on the southside of Chicago and use to go to the cliffs and badlands a lot with my 4x4 but I need to go easy on her since it's my daily driver. I grew up riding but haven't in a while. I'm pickin up a 83 CR480R this weekend. Just wondering if there's a place I can post up to meet some people once I get the old girl up and runnin.

Uhh..trail riding in ILL. ??? thats a very funny thing.

as

There is no trail riding in ILL. thats worth a shiiit. Face it, for off road ... your in the wrong place man... the wrong fooookin place.

Glad I moved suka's ... Let me see.. did 67 miles in the east side of the Cascades today. Desert racing next weekend. Off Tuesday, So I will go skiing on Mt. Hood.

Later flat landers!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Muddaholic

We dont talk about such things online,that way every tom,dick,and harry's sisters brother's uncle dont wind up there with there quads to ruin it all (brushy ridge comes to mind).

With that said you could do it the old fashioned way and join a club,attend meetings,break sweat with like minded individuals and maybe get to know of some sweet places to ride that others dont talk about online where every tom,dick,and harry's sisters brother's uncle is looking.

Just saying

i agree i just need to find people that ride, i live in the city of chicago..

i agree i just need to find people that ride, i live in the city of chicago..

All the people east of route 47 are quitting riding and selling their bikes. Seems they are going to WATCH hockey.

I have some trails, but not many people seem to like them or it's not worth the drive to just ride on 80 acres. It seems like a lot of people think they need to be more open. Oh well, I am opening some up a bit.

I have some trails, but not many people seem to like them or it's not worth the drive to just ride on 80 acres. It seems like a lot of people think they need to be more open. Oh well, I am opening some up a bit.

Where are you at Scrambler? I live near Bloomington and there's nothing within an hour any direction....

Where are you at Scrambler? I live near Bloomington and there's nothing within an hour any direction....

Near St. Elmo, IL. I'll bet you know right where that is :smirk:

North of I-70 between Effingham and Vandalia, IL.

Near St. Elmo, IL. I'll bet you know right where that is :smirk:

North of I-70 between Effingham and Vandalia, IL.

I know roughly where it is. I bought my new WR from Mason's Yamaha in Effingham last Feb. :)

But it's still 2 hours from me. :(

I understand. I don't like to drive far to play ride either. Especially now that I don't have to.