Sign in to follow this  

Footpegs 2011 KX 250f

I'm looking for a peg with a bit larger platform like the RMZ. I'm considering Light Speed's stainless steel peg @ $100. Anybody have any suggests on other brands, feedback on the Light Speed or know if the 2011 RMZ fits the 2011 KXF? Thanks.

I highly recommend the Raptor Titanium footpegs. They are the best.

Look at this years SX teams - many of them installed them on there race bikes!

For example Geico Honda, Factory Red Bull KTM and so on...

wmlbtk.jpg

Edited by Markus_123

I think when Kawasaki and Suzuki stopped cooperating to make the same 250F in 06 (?) the pegs changed, so the '11 pegs from an RMZ probably would not fit, but '05 RMZ250 pegs would likely fit the 2011 KX250F. I have a pair of Moose Hybrid footpegs. They are nice and wide, 58 mm I think, and pretty damn long too. They give a better platform for jumping compared to the stock pegs, and they are curved front to back so pivoting heel/toe is easier. However, they are about the heaviest pegs out there at ~800 grams for the set. Not a huge deal because the weight is low and tight on the frame, but if you worry about extra weight, you can do better. Dirt Rider magazine had a review of pegs recently where they rated them and gave the weight and dimensions. If you can get that it would help you out. It goes over the preferences that people may have, like flat pegs vs curved pegs, side out grip, etc. The pegs they rated overall the best were the IMS Pro Pegs. They are about $100 and are light for steel pegs and have a nice 3 rail platform with nice sharp cleats. They are not super-wide or long, but more than the stock KXF pegs.

I think when Kawasaki and Suzuki stopped cooperating to make the same 250F in 06 (?) the pegs changed, so the '11 pegs from an RMZ probably would not fit, but '05 RMZ250 pegs would likely fit the 2011 KX250F. I have a pair of Moose Hybrid footpegs. They are nice and wide, 58 mm I think, and pretty damn long too. They give a better platform for jumping compared to the stock pegs, and they are curved front to back so pivoting heel/toe is easier. However, they are about the heaviest pegs out there at ~800 grams for the set. Not a huge deal because the weight is low and tight on the frame, but if you worry about extra weight, you can do better. Dirt Rider magazine had a review of pegs recently where they rated them and gave the weight and dimensions. If you can get that it would help you out. It goes over the preferences that people may have, like flat pegs vs curved pegs, side out grip, etc. The pegs they rated overall the best were the IMS Pro Pegs. They are about $100 and are light for steel pegs and have a nice 3 rail platform with nice sharp cleats. They are not super-wide or long, but more than the stock KXF pegs.

I do believe this is incorrect. If you look up the 05 kx250f foot peg and click ont he part number and then click the yellow question mark, it will show every other model that uses the same part # for that part. .

looks like they will not fit an 11, only up to 08 or so. I have fastaway's on my 11, much larger plat form, the cleats are nice and sharp ( Actually filed them down a hair), and the replacement cleats are way cheap like 15 bucks, compared to the 90 that a set of pro taper replacements cost. The pro taper platforms wore out super fast as well...

• Like 1