Sign in to follow this  

Help: Bike not running as good today

Hey y'all, I'm brand new to TT (posting wise), but I was hoping you could give me some ideas about why my bike isn't running as smoothly. I just had a full system Yoshi pipe put on my 2009 CRF450r by a mechanic who's both Honda and Yoshi certified, but I got to the track today and felt that my bike wasn't pulling as hard and seemed to struggle coming out of corners and at lower speeds especially. I'm not sure if I just haven't adjusted to how it runs, but for $500 I was expecting to feel like my bike was running better instead of the opposite.

I recently changed the transmission oil and engine oil. What are the effects of having too much or too little trans oil? I plan on riding again Saturday with better track conditions if mother nature allows it, but I was hoping I could get some other ideas of potential problems or things I am unaware of.

Take note that this is my first time having an aftermarket part like a pipe. Besides factory connection suspension, the bike has been practically stock. Also, the efi was mapped for the new system.

Please help!

So since it was mapped can you think of anything else it might be?

But who re-mapped it? The Honda guy with a stock setting FOR a yosh pipe. It might not of took or mabye his map is crap. If you noticed this after the pipe install with nothing more than I would say the map you got is crap. You need to have this moved to the Honda forum and send your box off to Eddie Sisneros. That is my suggestion. As far as running to much/little trans fluid will not do anything to your engine side. Now if you filled your oil side up all the way I would say you would be blowing white smoke and the bike would run like crap... But I'm going to say start with a re-map from Sisneros. Worth EVERY PENNY!!!!

So besides shipping everything away, how would an average joe get this done? I know exhaust systems are popular, so how do most people get the mapping all figured out?

I'm located near Atlanta, GA. Does anyone know of someplace or someone I could take the bike to get it mapped correctly? Someone told me they'd had VIP passes for the ATL supercross and were able to have the factory techs use their efi mapping for them...but I doubt I have the ability to access this unfortunately.

Just sent Eddie a PM. Thanks everyone.

I'm going to try and ride again this week with (hopefully) better track conditions. I'll keep y'all posted.

I also failed to mention that the bike has it's idle raised. Not sure how this would impact the riding/corners, but thought I'd throw it out there. I believe it was raised from 1750 to 2000.