Sign in to follow this  

95 620 LC4 Question

If you have a chance to turn this bike into Dual Sport bike for the adventure trip like Alaska to Ushuaia South America.. Would you use this bike?? And what would you do??

Is it possible to get a larger fuel tank beside the 2.3 Gallons??

Can you get the luggage rack to work on 1995 620 LC4?? If so, where??

Can you get windshield for it?? If so, where??

Is there any trick to improve the MPG?? Not looking to make this a high performance bike but more of something that can carry a LOAD and still get good MPG!

Please advise!! Thanks!!

I have that bike, and love it. But I wouldn't choose it for the application you describe. Here's why:

1) in my experience, it is a great desert bike and great for riding open terrain where I'm on the pegs and off the seat. But I hate it for long stretches of pavement; just not comfortable ergos for sitting, and it vibrates enough to put my hands and butt to sleep in a short distance. I never even notice the vibes if I'm off-road. Also, the thing can be a real beast to start; not too bad if you are only geared up for a short trail ride, but if you are hauling a bunch of camping gear and such so the bike is really top-heavy, the left-side kick-only thing becomes more of a hassel.

2) there are bigger fuel tanks, but good luck finding someone who has one to sell for a bike that old; and even if you do find one it just makes an already top-heavy bike even heavier and bulkier feeling. I've yet to get better than about 40 mpg out of my 620, and usually I get closer to 35mpg. My old DR350 would get double that mileage. 2.3 gallons and 35-40mpg doesn't give you much range for an "adventure bike".

If you really like lc4's and want to use one for an adventure ride; look for an e-start 640 that has a counter balance shaft. Much smoother and more liveable for long stretches of time in the saddle if you ask me, and more likely you'll be able to find a big fuel tank.