Sign in to follow this  

Carburetor issues

Wrong forum section again, but i trust my suzuki guys!

Since 3 wheeler world is down, i can not post there, so ill try here.

I am having carburetor issues with my 85 yamaha tri-moto 225DX, when the throttle is held at 1/4th it will pick up RPMs like normal, but after 2-3 secs the engine will bog then rev back up, bog then rev back up. if you pin it, it'll bog then pick up then bog then pick up and stay up. it idles fine, and is fine when you keep her clamped, but as soon as you let off she boggs, BAD. its almost like the carb runs out of... gas? I checked my petcock and it POURS gas like niagra falls, flows brilliantly. I dont know what the issues could be? Its cold out, but i have the needle in the highest position, RAISED in the 5th clip slot. My plug is light tan, and black around the base where the threads are. I am clueless as what to do next, the jets are stock, the trike is stock.... just put new rings in her 3 hours of running time ago dont know what the issue could be. Jets are clear, carbs been cleaned 800 million times.

The airbox is a metal fabricated one, the trike did not come with the stock plastic one. the Metal one is 90% to spec, almost exact copy of the stocker and it looks bloody awesome. It doesn't have any air leaks, i sprayed carb cleaner around all the hoses and the engines RPMs did not raise. I dont know what the issue is.

Edited by xFALL3Nx

Heh, maybe i was wrong. no posts? tisk tisk...

Anyways, i fixed the issue.