Sign in to follow this  

97 yz125

hello again! i know i've posted here many times but i'm an indecisive ass!

well upon walking into my local dealer this last friday i saw a 97 yz125! they wanted 14 for it, i thought it was too high.

i later saw it had newer excells on it and was in next to mint shape other than the plastic, had a new top end and everything in the bottom was checked out and made sure to be in spec. the bike even felt a little like it was sprung right for me! i know the owner and a couple workers pretty well and i could probably get the whole thing with tax and etc for 14 or 15.

so my question is, would it be worth it to trade my moped and sell a guitar or two (since i can't legally work yet) to get it?

and what are the pros and cons of this year (yes even the tiny stuff) besides the fact that its about as old as me.

thanks in advance

nick

I cant help you with the pros or cons. But i can tell you my buddy got his 04 RM125 for $1200, needed a few things nothing major. My other buddy got his 06 YZ125 for $1800, in absolutely perfect condition. Ive seen 01-04 125's in my area going for under $1200. The bike your looking at is worth $800-$1000. I wouldnt try to talk yourself into so much. if you really want it offer $1000 and dont pay a penny more.

I cant help you with the pros or cons. But i can tell you my buddy got his 04 RM125 for $1200, needed a few things nothing major. My other buddy got his 06 YZ125 for $1800, in absolutely perfect condition. Ive seen 01-04 125's in my area going for under $1200. The bike your looking at is worth $800-$1000. I wouldnt try to talk yourself into so much. if you really want it offer $1000 and dont pay a penny more.

+1

Your going to find the same bike on craigslist for way less than you will find any used bike at a dealer.

But see I've been boned $ wise because of buying shit on cl. At least If the bike goes boom in ten minutes I can take it back and chew em out.

Idk it feels more secure

Edited by yammablue22

Yea. but your already paying $500 over its going value. If a CL bike goes boom, you could rebuild it 4 times with the money you saved. Gotta be logical...If you wanna justify a poor decision you'll have to go elsewhere...most of the people on here know what their talking about.

Too much money, you could pick up a yz250 of that year for less. Stick to your guns and find the RIGHT deal. A test ride and an eye for detail will make the difference between a good deal and getting screwed on CL. It will help to take a knowledgeable partner along with you when looking at bikes, someone to take subjective look at the bike that doesn't have the Gotta Have It bug , that you might have. Good luck.

well i found a 1999 rm 125 in what looks like pretty decent shape for 650 bucks. it doesn't look like too much of a money pit and looks like they just want out what they put in it. i'm still going to have to trade my moped to afford it but hey it's worht it.