Sign in to follow this  

2006 Crf250R wont start

Hey guys,ive got an 06 crf250 that wont start ill kick and kick and it will start backfiring and when i kick it feels like i dont have the compression i used too but it still has ok compression and also when i kick and the starter gets to the bottom there is a "ting" noise like something is loose but im not sure what. Just wondering if anybody has an idea on what that would be. Thanks

The ting will be the decompression mechanism i think but i don't know for sure,

Have you checked your valves, If they close up then your bike won't start...

i just had them adjusted a few months back but i think its time for new ones but the bike was starting great until about a month ago and then all of a sudden the ting noise showed up and it wouldnt fire

Measure the valve clearances again. 99% of the time, if the stock titanium intake valves need adjustment, they are shot, If you got a couple of months out of a re-shim, you're beating the odds. The usually go out of adjustment within a few hours.

Tight valves shouldn't make any unusual noises. It may be time for exploratory surgery.

It's amazing what noises people start hearing when the bike won't run. Normally, they've been there all along. Once the valve cover comes off, inspect everything. Hopefully the decompression pin which has been there all along.