Sign in to follow this  

Med. terrain tires ?

Has anyone run the mx51 tires ? What were your thoughts on that combo ? Any other suggestions for a med. terrain tire welcomed. Have run 756's for a long time & want to try something different. Going to be buying new tires soon for the CR.

Myself and the guys I ride with have been trying some new tires since most of us had been using the D756. I put a pair of MX51 on my GF's bike, they seem to work pretty well, though I haven't spent too much time riding it to say for sure. Seems a lot of guys prefer going MX51 rear, MX31 front.

I ran a set of Michelin MS3's that I felt worked as well as the D756's, now running MS3 front, and D756 rear. My Brother is trying MS3 front, M12 rear (no MS3 in 18), I haven't heard what he thinks yet.

I've ran the mx51 and it was a good tire, but I prefer the ms3 and mh3. Ms3 if your terrain leans to the softer side and mh3 if it biased to the harder side. The only thing that's stopping me from buying them again is I really want a 120 this time and the ms3/mh3 only come in a 110 variety. I think I will try out a pirelli front and rear this time as I've heard a lot of good stuff about the mxmh. My friend runs an mxms in a 120/80 and although it hooks up like crazy it literally is starting to tear side knobs after 1 trip. I think the mxmh will hold up better.

I have been running 756's for 15 years. I tried a set of MX51's last year. The rear tire is good, but the MX51 front tire is one of the worst tires I've ever used.

Bridgestone 403/404 are now the intermediate tires to use.

the 403 is good in its intended terrain, but in my opinion ive had tires that worked better in a wider range. the 403 also feels funny and takes some getting used to. I thought i was the only one until i started reading threads on the 403 front. Still want to try a 404 rear though.

Take that for what its worth, its just my opinion.

hey CamP, i recently read a post that Dunlop changed the tread pattern on the mx51 front due to the poor handling issues you and others have experienced, have you heard anything about this?

Edited by mynewcr250

hey CamP, i recently read a post that Dunlop changed the tread pattern on the mx51 front due to the poor handling issues you and others have experienced, have you heard anything about this?

I haven't heard anything about that, but I hope it's true. Fortunately, I found a shop last summer that had three 756 front tires in stock and I bought all three so I'm good for a little while.