Sign in to follow this  

Boyesen Supercooler Water Pump Cover and Impeller Kit

Anyone have any experance with this? is it snake oil or what? Ive never had any prob with my 250 overheating, but what do I know?

Ya me either, 4 stroke tea kettle I can see it , but on a 2t ???! , sounds usless to me. can anyone who used this before on a 2t give us a review of it.

Edited by raden

i had one on my yz450f. it worked awesome as the bike would boil easily in the tight stuff. even with the yz295 kit on my 08 yz250 i never boiled the bike or lost coolant even in then nastiest conditions. don't really see a need for it. unless you want to pay $150 for a cool looking water pump cover?

I was thinking about buying one too. My 295 gets hot in slow single track. I've never had it boil over, but I can feel the heat hitting me in the legs.

did any of you guys have trouble with the stock water pump cover guard not clearing the new boyesen cover? if so, does one of those oversized/wrap-around skid plates (like a utah sport cycle) clear it?

did any of you guys have trouble with the stock water pump cover guard not clearing the new boyesen cover? if so, does one of those oversized/wrap-around skid plates (like a utah sport cycle) clear it?

There is no stock waterpump guard on a YZ. What bike are you talking about?

Edited by KJ790

There is no stock waterpump guard on a YZ. What bike are you talking about?

Took the words right outta my mouth! (no small feat) =)

whoops, i just searched for "boyesen cover" and didn't realize i was in the 2-stroke forum! looking for answers on a wr250f.

whoops, i just searched for "boyesen cover" and didn't realize i was in the 2-stroke forum! looking for answers on a wr250f.

these work well on 4 strokes for tight trail riding. good luck!!

For $150 you can buy oversize radiators that will quell any over heating issues.