sucked in water through air filter bike will not start until a lot of coaxing

I took a fall in a mud trap, pulled bike out did not want to start, Changed oil several times checked plug, After several attempts bike will start, with some coaxing , but will not stay running, plug is dry any suggestions. 2012 fuel injected 350

I checked all elecctrics, no go. New plug of course, at this point in the shop, We will see. They are already telling me the starter is fried. Do you have any suggestions besides not falling in water on thre intake side to keep this crap from happening again. I have rode 2 strokes most of my life and have never had this sort of problem.

the TPS is super sensitive to moisture (which is why KTM added the marine type rubber sheathing). I would keep looking in that area. Is the starter not working as well? Reason I ask is I presume the bike started fine before, but why would the shop be saying the starter is fried also?

If water made it past the air filter, then I am surprised the bike will start at all. Usually that results in a hydro locked engine and a bent connecting rod. The fact that it will run at all makes me think that you may have gotten very lucky.

Good luck, Ihope itall works out for you.

Thanks,

It did stall after pulling it out of the water I bumped the starter and it was locked. I waited for about 15 minutes and would turn. Long push back to truck. I will learn more Tuesday. I was told it was looked over and detoxed, should be ready Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...