Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Rattray

Any news on Tyla Rattray? Looked like a nasty crash in the first heat this weekend, hope he was alright.

Read last night that he fractured his C7 and has a concussion. No spinal cord damage though!

I'm glad to hear it's not worse than that. He had me worried for him, the way his head flopping around every which way right before he came to a stop. That track was rough on the lites boys.

Read last night that he fractured his C7 and has a concussion. No spinal cord damage though!

That is crazy, alot of broke backs this year and we are only 4 races in.

MAX!!!

What is up with this guy going head first? This is not the first crash that I've seen him auger in head first. Saving it is one thing but you have to know when to bail. I remember that outdoor races where his head got stuck in the mud and he couldn't get out. I don't know if he had a neck brace on or not (it didn't look like it), or if it would have helped. A broken vertabrae take a long time to recover from. I don't see why he doesn't go back to europe and win some more titles there. He is really good but lacks break out speed. He has played brides maid to the younsters the few years. Safety equipment is an area that needs alot more development. Rider wears next to nothing and take some serious hits. Reed got really lucky last year. There has to be room for improvement. Injuries and death are the most major hazards in this sport.......

Edited by vidarapido