Sign in to follow this  

Supercross My 2 cents

I liked Stewart's patience for this race. Get in line, follow, put in good laps, build momentum, etc etc..Kind of reminds me of nascar whereas you have to FOLLOW, before you can lead.

Reed is one tough sob, boy!! RV is the baddest dude out there. Who said that? The field is onto RV. The guy is showing some "chinks" in that armour of his. The hang back, blow by you, in awe type of guy. Did you see Villopoto?? "That guy is like a machine", like RV, the most boring rider out there. HAve you ever heard that guys interviews. So RV how was the track?? good, i'd like to thank monster pro circuit, kawasaki, vans, falken mud flaps, dunlop, parts unlimited thor...whatever, whatever>> RV please, we know who your sponsors are. Lighten up my man!!

We need a true privateer to win a supercoss.. I'm just waiting for the day some dude shows up from out of nowhere and wins a supercross race. That would be news right there!!

Can women sign-up for supercross? Has one ever tried??

do privateers still exist anymore? like you have NOOO sponsors, none, zilch!! PIRELLI..idk..they're getting my attention..Furthermore, I'd like to thank Cheng Shin tires. They worked awesome for me tonight. Who in the hell actually "buys" cheng shin tires? I'm not talking stuff, but do you know what I'm saying. When was the last time you heard someone yell out loud at the parts counter, Y"ALL AIN"T GOT NO CHENG SHINS..

Keep bike prices down..

Great season so far..

Can a girl qualify for a supercross :smirk:

Aint no one keeping them from trying except a lack of lap times and you cant roll a triple, at that point they are just speed bumps :bonk:

A true privateer did win a supercross race. Chad Reed won San Diego on a true privateer bike funded out of his own pocket.

A true privateer did win a supercross race. Chad Reed won San Diego on a true privateer bike funded out of his own pocket.

if you think he is a privateer you crazy!

does he get parts from honda? YES

does he get large amounts of money for testing from sponsors? YES

does he test with team honda? YES

did he pay for his own rig? YES but that doesn't make him a privateer. that makes him a team owner/rider! not taking away from what he has done but he is not a privateer! sorry!

a privateer is someone that misses races cause his bike is broken, works on his own bike, works out of a box van or even his truck or car (i have seen a crf450 in the back of a cadillac.. pulled it out of the truck... added oil and gas and won an arena cross... drained it all and back in the trunk), gets parts from the parts store, gets funding from local business (joe's tire shop, h&h muffler shop) or can't get from cali to atlanta over a week due to having to get funding and drive across the country! pretty sure reed doesn't fall into any of that?

there was a privateer that won a race once as a true privateer! it was a mud race but i can't remember who or when it was. anyone help with this? it has happened but only once from my knowledge. (could have been more but for sure once)

Now Reed is not a privateer. But back last year, before Canard was hurt, He was a privateer. On a different level yes. But he was paying for everything out of his own bank account for the first half of last year. Like it or not, that means privateer.

Privateer my ass!!! He had multiple factory rides before he started to fade. Plus he made millions doing it. So he may have been somewhat of a privateer for maybe 6 months. I would never put him in the same categorie as a "True Privateer".

Privateer my ass!!! He had multiple factory rides before he started to fade. Plus he made millions doing it. So he may have been somewhat of a privateer for maybe 6 months. I would never put him in the same categorie as a "True Privateer".

There are no true privateers in AMA Supercross. Even the locals that try to make the main have support of some kind

The whole privateer discussion is BS and has been since the mid 80's

• Like 1

They could be considered "True" in today's standards. But that's a whole other can of worms. But I would never say Reed has the same financial hardships as let's say someone that came to a race and qualified last. Even though they are both considered privateers

there was a privateer that won a race once as a true privateer! it was a mud race but i can't remember who or when it was. anyone help with this? it has happened but only once from my knowledge. (could have been more but for sure once)

rick ryan 1987 daytona sx, henry and dowd won hangtown being privateers in 91 it was mud also.

...like RV, the most boring rider out there. HAve you ever heard that guys interviews. So RV how was the track?? good, i'd like to thank monster pro circuit, kawasaki, vans, falken mud flaps, dunlop, parts unlimited thor...whatever, whatever>> RV please, we know who your sponsors are. Lighten up my man!!

Ya I don't get the whole listing your sponsors thing. I could understand saying thanks to a couple companies. But when you list a bunch of brand names, it certainly doesn't make me want to buy their products.

Now take KW, or some of the other veterans, that say stuff like "well my Dunlops were really hookin up tonight, and that Geico Honda bike was really rippin out there" - makes it more "real" sounding and has a higher degree of influence on people.

Yes, I'm available to hire to coach these young athletes how to look good on the podium. So any team owners out there, PM me for resume and compensation requirements. :smirk:

Now Reed is not a privateer. But back last year, before Canard was hurt, He was a privateer. On a different level yes. But he was paying for everything out of his own bank account for the first half of last year. Like it or not, that means privateer.

i will say it again!!! he is and was not a privateer!

did he pay for his own rig? YES but that doesn't make him a privateer. that makes him a team owner/rider! not taking away from what he has done but he is not a privateer! sorry!

a privateer is someone that misses races cause his bike is broken, works on his own bike, works out of a box van or even his truck or car (i have seen a crf450 in the back of a cadillac.. pulled it out of the truck... added oil and gas and won an arena cross... drained it all and back in the trunk), gets parts from the parts store, gets funding from local business (joe's tire shop, h&h muffler shop) or can't get from cali to atlanta over a week due to having to get funding and drive across the country! pretty sure reed doesn't fall into any of that?

i can tell you i know of at least 3 that do the above! they load up in a van and drive! they fund it from the local business's and minimum support form a local dealer on parts. they train at the LOCAL track! they do make the night show but typically not the main. they are the what a privateer! and the above paragraph is describing them to a T! chad reed is not doing what they do.. he was not doing what they do! part of the monthly income is from making the night show! and that will get them to the next race hopefully! if not they go back to the local businesses and ask for more money and they don't always get it! think that happens to reed?

i will say it again!!! he is and was not a privateer!

I think The definition of privateer is someone that pays for their program out of their own pocket. And I think he used a huge chunk of his own money at the begining of last year. All privateers have some kind of support once they get to the level required to qualify for a Supercross main. Chad just had more help than most but I would bet that he emptied his personal bank account more than most do. By the time the nationals came around he was a full blown team.