Sign in to follow this  

Looking at 150SX

Well first off I am looking at some newer 150SX's. Is there anything to be weary about with these bikes? Anything that should be done to the bike before I take it out on the track? I am looking at a 2011 right now. The bike has been ridden off road and raced in hare scrambles. No hour meter on the bike, but I was told "around 40". Obviously it will need a top end rebuild right away. Should I be worried about anything else? I would rather replace it before hand just in case instead of regret it later. Thank you for your help.

Edited by Tech420

I currently have a 2010 150XC engine in my son's 2007 125SX chassis. No problems of any kind so far and he has put some hours on it last year. He ran the Grand Prix series (1.5 hours +1 lap) plus the endurance series ironman so two six hour races and the 24 hour, he missed the 12 hour. That is a fun bike. Also, he has a 200 engine waiting for him but he does not want it.

Joe.........

I have a 2011 150sx. I love it. I got a 50t rear sprocket for mine. It really made the bike come alive! I got a map switch but I like to scream the crap out of tyhe bike so it really doesn't do much for me. It might be of more use for someone who rides in the woods but for me, not so much.

I have a 2011 150sx. I love it. I got a 50t rear sprocket for mine. It really made the bike come alive! I got a map switch but I like to scream the crap out of tyhe bike so it really doesn't do much for me. It might be of more use for someone who rides in the woods but for me, not so much.

Sorry to go a little off topic but you sparked a question. I have never used that switch, leave it in aggressive all the time. Can you switch on the fly? Someone told me you have to stop the engine to switch?? During the off season I was wondering if the switch might be a good idea for our starts.

Joe..........

I have the map switch mounted on the right side of the bars. I have to take my hand off the throttle to hit the button. I did it this way so I wouldn't hit it accidently. I change it while riding but with no throttle.

ya can switch it on the fly

i put it on the left side so i can switch as and when i need it.