Sign in to follow this  

my 00 TW200

Here is my 2000 TW200 that I picked up this spring...ran a little rough so I pulled the carb and cleaned it...

when I got it...

229895_10150232891001343_507716342_8886569_2649995_n.jpg

little ugly sheet aluminum work for a battery tray and a rear splash guard...

253731_10150260619761343_507716342_9129897_7304970_n.jpg

after...

254481_10150260619931343_507716342_9129903_3533325_n.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

268484_10150296928236343_507716342_9409749_3762333_n.jpg

to be put on...plus a rack which is not pictured...

263932_10150281913676343_507716342_9338620_6920461_n.jpg

rack installed...

308168_10150413807951343_507716342_10388754_1442464247_n.jpg

Edited by Point37

little winter update...time for some new parts to be installed...

90277c77.jpg

put on the new pegs...one of the mounts looked like it got smashed on a rock so i had to straighten it out

9ab41eae.jpg

28342b8e.jpg

then i moved on to changing the brake pads...got the rears on just fine...the front set weren't right (damn you ebay)...

eb0070f6.jpg

since i couldn't finish that i decided to get the bars on there...waiting to get it on the ground before i set the bars and tighten everything and put the new mirrors on...

900ed773.jpg

there she sits, waiting...

3697088e.jpg

Very nice, looking good.

How does it run now after the carb clean?

those are some very nice bars, got a link for those mirrors?

they look like the stockers on my xt250, which are great.

you putting in bigger jets or doing any performance mods to it?

thanks man...yea it runs a lot better now...

these are the mirrors...i may mount them under the bars instead of in the bar ends...if i don't like them i'll just keep the mickey mouse ear stockers

http://www.ebay.com/...ME:L:OC:US:1123

263932_10150281913676343_507716342_9338620_6920461_n.jpg

i'm not doing any performance mods yet...i do have an exhaust leak where the header meets the rear pipe so i may get into some when i replace that

Edited by Point37

finally got around to doing a little more work this past weekend...put on my new front brake cable...pulled the exhaust can and replaced the gasket between the header and the can...adjusted and tightened all the handlebar controls in addition to adding a set of powermadd brush guards and some ebay underbar mirrors...i left the stockers on there cause i want to see how i like the new ones before i take the others off so i held off on putting the grips on for now...still have a coleman seat pad, front and rear blinkers, front and rear sprockets and an o-ring chain to put on

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Just put a set of the same powermadd guards on my 09...except there black!.Thinkin of trying one of the jimbo windshields????.....not sure yet though. I usually research things to death before acting on them.

Man, I love these things! Keep us bombarded with pics please!!

Just put a set of the same powermadd guards on my 09...except there black!.Thinkin of trying one of the jimbo windshields????.....not sure yet though. I usually research things to death before acting on them.

nice!...i've been looking at the jimbo shield as well but i'm going to hold off...at least until my tax refund comes back

Man, I love these things! Keep us bombarded with pics please!!

thanks...i'll do my best

Tell us more about this rack...makes a nice seamless transition from the seat to the rack.

it's an expedition rear rack made by moose racing...it does lift the seat a little in the back as you can see from the picture...bought mine here...

https://www.denniskirk.com/496779.sku

Anyway I started getting into changing my chain and sprockets out yesterday and had a few setbacks that prevented me from finishing. I drained the oil and replaced the filter. I then proceeded to snap off the head off the belly pan bolt so I had to drop the motor and pull the motor bracket off to drill and re-tap it. It was hard to pull the bracket off with the exhaust in the way but I managed to squeeze it out after removing the 2 header bolts to get a little play room. Then I loosened the bolts on the case which were a pain since my bike is a 2000 and they are all phillips head bolts. I had to use a phillips head screwdriver bit and a hammer to tap each bolt and then used a #3 screwdriver to get them loose. I stopped here cause I ran out of time and I also want to order/buy some replacement parts, namely the 3 rear sprocket locks, 2 exhaust header bolts, 2 oil seals and the 10 case bolts.[/size][/font]

My question is does anyone know if I can get the hex bolts for a newer TW and have them fit my TW?...or does anyone have the specs on the bolts so I can see if a hardware store has them?...I know at least one of them is a different length (I haven't pulled mine out yet I was just judging by the fiche)

http://www.ronayers....ANKCASE_COVER_1

things sitting in a box waiting to be installed...

-seat pad

-front and rear blinkers

-rear tail light

-front and rear sprockets

-o-ring chain

edit: ended up getting this kit.

http://alloyboltz.co...ousvldd8bb6tsh1

BoltSizes.png

Edited by Point37

did a little more work...

pulled the rear tire as well as the rear sprocket and chain...measured the 2 chains side by side to make sure it was just right...old chain was in great shape :thumbsup:

IMG_0840.jpg

as i removed the rear sprocket i found out that all the bolts were junk...anyone got the specs on these so i can go get some at the hardware store?

IMG_0841.jpg

after i got the chain off i took a look up to the front sprocket and it looks kind of shiny...not sure if it's been replaced previously or not

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

then i got into loosening/pulling off signals and lights...old vs new

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

and this is where i stopped

IMG_0849.jpg

Edited by Point37

put the front blinkers on

IMG_0870.jpg

cut out my license plate bracket (ended up making it a little smaller and using the 2 bolts that held on the rear splash guard)...i forgot how much of a pain it is to cut with sheet metal shears

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

mounted up i just need to put the quick connect ends on the tail light

IMG_0871.jpg

A few of pictures of the back end back together.

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

OK, some nice tricks with aluminum plate, now get the little airgrinder tool and smooth out the sharp edges and put the swirl pattern on the flat surfaces. You have to do it if you are going to work with aluminum. Cmon, it's easy.

Nice little bike.

OK, some nice tricks with aluminum plate, now get the little airgrinder tool and smooth out the sharp edges and put the swirl pattern on the flat surfaces. You have to do it if you are going to work with aluminum. Cmon, it's easy.

Nice little bike.

thanks...it got a rough filing and that's it...not going to make it too pretty cause it's just going to get dirty anyhow

edit: just realized i put my master link on backwards from the pictures

well i got around to putting the dub back together and finishing up the chain/sprockets change...

used a high-temp gasket seal to put the case back on cause it prevented the gasket from shifting when putting it back on...probably make a mess if i ever have to crack it open again, but whatever...the bolts from the bolt kit worked great...used blue loctite on each one...

http://www.autozone....ier=526939_0_0_

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

here are some final pictures while it was warming up before i went for a little rip

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

Edited by Point37

I'm not totally familiar with the TW motor . But I am with RTV . If there is oil circulating under the left motor cover , you'll want to remove the cover and get the RTV out immediately . Oil can turn RTV into snot like stuff that breaks off and plug oil passages , rendering them useless . It doesn't take long for an engine with little or no oil movement to become a bit of a problem .

Definitely check the oil strainer on the left side as well as the filter .

This is what it looks like in a 1000cc oil pan :

060600_161801.jpg

Edited by pd350

Good stuff, we dont get the 200cc bike in the Uk only the 125 but that comes with a front disc brake not the drum like on yours. How come your not using the side panels?

I'm not totally familiar with the TW motor . But I am with RTV . If there is oil circulating under the left motor cover , you'll want to remove the cover and get the RTV out immediately . Oil can turn RTV into snot like stuff that breaks off and plug oil passages , rendering them useless . It doesn't take long for an engine with little or no oil movement to become a bit of a problem .

Definitely check the oil strainer on the left side as well as the filter .

This is what it looks like in a 1000cc oil pan :

good to know...thanks pd350...that looks like a lot of material...how much bead was there sticking out on the outside?

Good stuff, we dont get the 200cc bike in the Uk only the 125 but that comes with a front disc brake not the drum like on yours. How come your not using the side panels?

i think before 2001 all the US tw200s have front and back drums...i liked the way it looked without them so i didn't bother putting them back on

Edited by Point37

"good to know...thanks pd350...that looks like a lot of material...how much bead was there sticking out on the outside?"

About half of what's showing on your TW . The point is ANY RTV inside the motor can end up costing you a new motor .

About half of what's showing on your TW . The point is ANY RTV inside the motor can end up costing you a new motor .

thanks pd350...looks like i'll be pulling it back apart and replacing the gasket