Sign in to follow this  

Bike Will Not Start.....When Cold

So we went out riding this weekend and first day my bike started fine. 3 kicks and off I went. The next morning, though, (When it was very cold) the bike wouldnt start at all. I kicked it for about 10 minutes and it wouldnt start so i figured i needed valves and i would just bump start it. So i tried to bump start it and nada. Nothing at all. So i waited for a couple hours until i warmed up outside and tried again. Started on the 3rd kick as usual. Any ideas on whats going on?

I had the same issue at Hollister this last weekend and ended up putting a propane heater next to it for awhile. I hope someone chimes in as I am interested in finding out what is wrong with mine as well.

I almost sold my 08 due to starting issues. Cold mornings were the worst. I found a cure that works well.

Turn the gas on

Pump the throttle wide open 4 or 5 times

Choke it and kick it. Mines bone stock and being able to get the bike started...easily has upped my opinion of the bike.

I tried this out of desperation because when I read it I thought it was a joke with the throttle pumping. I used to fight this bike on the side of the trail when I would stall out and flood the bike.

Get your jet kit out and richen up the pilot and main one size when its that cold..... Cold air requires more gas per volume of air then warm air. And follow Tex's cold starting method.

Get your jet kit out and richen up the pilot and main one size when its that cold..... Cold air requires more gas per volume of air then warm air. And follow Tex's cold starting method.

Wouldn't choking it basically do the same thing, though? And the bike used to start fine in the mornings, it was just this past trip that its been a pain in the butt.