Sign in to follow this  

finding oil seals?

I am searching for help on locating seals on the cheap I must be doing it wrong...if I search 25x42x5 nothing usefull comes up ..I need to crack the code on seals as they are the expensive part if you buy from the stealership.. I have found out how to get bearings on the cheap but the seals seem to be elusive??

yeah seals are a bitch I found some part numbers for individual seals but at their cost I may as well just order the bearings in bulk and reuse the old seals.. the application is my kdx rear wheel it takes 6004rs bearings and I can get 10 for 15 bucks (vbx brand) .. I can change them out whenever needed. If I hit the bearing out before removing the seal chances are the bearing could drive the seal out and no damage would happen

I found the crank seals for the 480 right from Honda a couple of months ago. I'll look and see exactly which distributor they came from.

So your looking for a dust seal type thing. Yeah I couldn't find one for my bike unless I got a kit, the kit was the same price as a seal from the dealership. I stopped using oem parts as far as fork seals and dust seals and haven't had any problems so far. People often say that the the cheaper seals aren't built as well but if you have an oem seal and an aftermarket it is very hard to tell which one is which. Maybe the rubber itself is different, but the way it is designed is the same.

I found the crank seals for the 480 right from Honda a couple of months ago. I'll look and see exactly which distributor they came from.

Not to hijack, but send me a PM if you can find out were you got them. I tried Motosport's oem section they only show one available.

I tried to find the recipt but it's getting late. I'll look tomorrow, it could have been the TT store or rocky mtn.

OK, I confimed that I bought the 1983 cr 480 crank seals from the ThumperTalk store in August '11.