Ripping the TC450 on ice

Yup iceracing sure is fun, its own breed.

Here's a cool clip of the yearly 3 hour endurance team race. Some pretty dramatic footage of my teammate destroying people on our bored-and-stroked CR. Not a Husky but I am thinking of stroking a CR144 Hoosk.......

• Like 1

Marc, I saw your awesome video on DieselJos web sight, Holy Shxt. We are sucking wind this winter with warm weather as I only got on the ice once and I build ice tires all year as a hobby. My buddies and I want to come race out there in the mid west one day as there is a very small window of good ice here in northern NJ and southern NY. Go GIANTS!

WOW! Cool CR Fox. Looks like a lefty-left only?? Love the picture of you working the outside fluff!

Another Item of interest to the offroad guys here, Jeff Fredette lays out the road courses for our threehour roadrace each year, like the one in the second vid. They are AWESOME usually 6+ miles for one lap, with top speeds usually being the top speed of the bike nearly.

This year, Fredette's motor failed one lap after ours did. We've had some good battles over the years.

SilverFox, are you familiar with the NumbBumb 24hour endurance race up in Canada?? My teammate raced it one year. I will someday!!

Edited by 36MotoMarc

Great vids guys. Ice racing is the best. Here is my dedicated ice bike, havent tried my Husky on ice yet cuz my CR works so good.

P1200900.jpg

jan30111.jpg

SilverFox.... Thats a cool looking bike. Tell me, because I am from California and know NOTHING about ice racing, but what is the advantage of having the pipe run down under the frame rather than the "traditional" routing of the exhaust. The way the pipe is ran reminds me of my old 1977 Honda Elsinore CR125M. ?

I would love to try ice racing but their is nothing like that in California that I am aware of. Looks like loads of fun!

WOW! Cool CR Fox. Looks like a lefty-left only?? Love the picture of you working the outside fluff!

Another Item of interest to the offroad guys here, Jeff Fredette lays out the road courses for our threehour roadrace each year, like the one in the second vid. They are AWESOME usually 6+ miles for one lap, with top speeds usually being the top speed of the bike nearly.

This year, Fredette's motor failed one lap after ours did. We've had some good battles over the years.

SilverFox, are you familiar with the NumbBumb 24hour endurance race up in Canada?? My teammate raced it one year. I will someday!!

Yes, the NumbBumb is famous, I don't do the endurance stuff but I plan on doing it. We race 1/4 mile oval so yes mine is a left turn only bike.

Maybe we should pool our resourses and team up for the numbbum??

here is a link to the association that runs the 24 hr race

http://www.aeira.com/index.html

Edited by silver_fox

SilverFox.... Thats a cool looking bike. Tell me, because I am from California and know NOTHING about ice racing, but what is the advantage of having the pipe run down under the frame rather than the "traditional" routing of the exhaust. The way the pipe is ran reminds me of my old 1977 Honda Elsinore CR125M. ?

I would love to try ice racing but their is nothing like that in California that I am aware of. Looks like loads of fun!

Husky34, that pipe is an RCE pipe designed for Kart and Sprint cars, the advantage of it is HP (and lots of it haha). I mounted it as a down pipe because it would be a big job to cut and section it to fit in the normal pipe position. Since the bike is for oval only it works well where it is positioned.

People were lined up watching when I went to the starting line as I was smoking CRF 450s all day long with my little 250 woods bike. "I had a Huskie as a kid and didn't know they still sold them." Heard that quite a bit. I did get beat in Open Class by my buddy on a very worked CRF 505 built for big power but another lap and I'd have gotten him. Corner speed baby, where it's at. This year I built a YZ 250 as a dedicated ice racer and tested last sunday. May have our clubs ice race Feb 19th in Fallsburg, NY if weather stays cold.