Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Is Reed being a Suck?

Not sure how to take this but the Race Report on Racer X's website says Reed said that he "rode like a girl" then pours his bottle of champagne in the dirt instead of spraying it around.

After getting somewhat of a decent start, Ryan Dungey wasn’t able to move through riders as quickly as Villopoto and Stewart, and by the time he had worked his way into fourth, the leaders were long gone. Stewart took the checkers, becoming the fourth man to win a supercross main in as many races in 2012. On the podium after the race, Reed was clearly upset about giving up the win to Stewart. In his interview he said he “rode like a girl,” and instead of shaking and spraying his bottle of champagne, he casually opened the bottle and poured it onto the dirt.

Next week at A2, both Chad Reed and Ryan Dungey will wear red number plates, as they now share the points lead. Strap in race fans, if the rest of the series is as exciting and tense as the action was tonight, it’s sure to go down as one of the best seasons we’ve ever seen.

22625_30ej7670__600.jpg

[?]

c_s.png

not the first time he's poured the champagne out onto the dirt. I know he's just upset that he didn't ride better, so whatever; but there are others that look down on that less-than-perfect sportsmanship, and I think he should refrain from that activity to keep the haters at bay. Just my $.03 worth

If he wasn't happy with his performance, why should he have to spray the bubbly and act excited?

I don't care what he does - but there are many that feel they should celebrate being on the podium. So why not make more fans happy and show them you're happy to be up there and appreciate them? No requirement, just a good idea in my opinion

• Like 1

Whats a suck?

I think reed was just down on his performance because he thought he should have won with that lead he had. That guy needs to manufacture motivation for himself every season. And it works for him

I think he did that to pay homage to his dead homies, like they do in the ghe---ttooooooo.

• Like 3

I'd be thrilled with second riding in the company of those guys. That plus you're sharing the points lead with Dungey-doesn't look all that bad to me. If you want to throw a hissy fit then go back to your RV and kick some lawn chairs around. :smirk:

• Like 1

The guys a competitor. If he's not happy with his performance, even 2nd place, thats up to him. He's a champion and he is not siatisfied with 2nd place finishes. So what? Pooring his champagne on the ground isn't exactly throwing a hissy fit. Pretty bad what people jump on these guys for. :smirk:

If anything, it's pure and simple alchohol abuse for wasting a perfectly good bottle of booze! :bonk:

• Like 3

I wont quote anyone as to single them out but. The whole "this is why I dont like JS" threads are full of people stating they hate the way he acts. Sorry, never liked CR and never will. The guy is a diva, hands down. He is never happy with his bike and spends hundreds of man hours looking for the perfect setup. He talks about his setup more the JS. CR is not known for being a clean racer by any means at all. Now there is a love fest for the guy because he started his own team ... WHATEVER. Just another jerk move by a guy I feel walks around with his nose up. Wonder what he would have done if RV didnt decide to settle for 3rd. Maybe just kicks the bottle over and walks away ... basically a big F you to the other guys that have never even seen a podium. Or the fans that stick around to cheer for their guy. Lot of fun it is to cheer for a little cry baby. CR was lucky to have 2nd that night. He had 4th written all over him. Daddy will wreck soon and fade out of the top 5 again.

• Like 1

Big deal. Sounds to me like he was pissed off with his performance. Who is going to tell him otherwise,isn't he the boss? Maybe he should have been PC and sprayed the crowd but I like the fact that he did what he was feeling.

He has been dealing with the corporate crap since he was a kid, don't say or do as they want and you'll be sorry. Im only half way through my career and I've had my fill...

Good for him!!!

If you guys only knew your Australian history. :smirk: In Australia, pouring a bottle of champagne in the dirt is a custom that is centuries old. It is a statement that the television coverage of Supercross is sub-par by CBS, and that the fans deserve better. Reed was trying to help the fans out by sending CBS a message. Poor Chad Reed, so misunderstood. :bonk:

• Like 3

I don't know. Maybe he did not ride aggressive enough, or it wasn't his day. Anyway 2nd is still a good result and

something to celebrate. In this case he acts like a baby, with being mad and poring the champagne on the dirt.

Just my 2 cents... and I'm a big Reed fan. I like his riding style, his personality (mostly) and all his efforts!

I don't care what he does - but there are many that feel they should celebrate being on the podium. So why not make more fans happy and show them you're happy to be up there and appreciate them? No requirement, just a good idea in my opinion

Wow you sound like my wife - Never happy! So when Reed wipes his butt should he use the TP only once or fold it over to get 2 or even 3 wipes per Poo particle, if he does or doesnt fold it over to conserve TP is then also being a suck? :smirk:

Edited by tnat1

If you guys only knew your Australian history. :smirk: In Australia, pouring a bottle of champagne in the dirt is a custom that is centuries old. It is a statement that the television coverage of Supercross is sub-par by CBS, and that the fans deserve better. Reed was trying to help the fans out by sending CBS a message. Poor Chad Reed, so misunderstood. :bonk:

LOL!!

• Like 1

IMO, yes. If you ask me thats acting like a two year old that didn't get thier way. A grown ass man pouting up on the podium, thats pretty sad if you ask me. He has every right to be dissappointed in his performance but man up, act like a champ, accept the fact you got beaten and come back harder next week.

• Like 1

Wow you sound like my wife - Never happy! So when Reed wipes his butt should he use the TP only once or fold it over to get 2 or even 3 wipes per Poo particle, if he does or doesnt fold it over to conserve TP is then also being a suck? :smirk:

Wait... WHAT!?

You guys dont get it some of the austrailians are more racist against people of color than some of our finest redneck hillbillys - he was so pissed off that he got beat by a black guy and he knows the dishonor it brings as far as hes concerned he got beat by a 4'-8" tall Aboriginine! In Austrailia thats not cool to get get beat by a Aborinine dude!

You guys dont get it some of the austrailians are more racist against people of color than some of our finest redneck hillbillys - he was so pissed off that he got beat by a black guy and he knows the dishonor it brings as far as hes concerned he got beat by a 4'-8" tall Aboriginine! In Austrailia thats not cool to get get beat by a Aborinine dude!

What... WHAT!?!? :bonk:

Bro its to early to be drunk already. Your porst get crazier as you go :smirk: . CR and JS are friends ... of some sort.

What... WHAT!?!? :bonk:

Bro its to early to be drunk already. Your porst get crazier as you go :smirk: . CR and JS are friends ... of some sort.

Im being sarcastic! I want to get out of work soon! its been a long day - the sad part is there are some racist bastards out there, i just saw some racist post on a youtube video yesterday posted by JS& and some hillbilly bastard made some racist comments about if you aint white you ant rigth crap - its disgusting that there are people out there like that. Thats why im a bubba fan and want to see him win to piss off the redneck hillbilys!