Sign in to follow this  

K&N

just put a k&N in my 2011 drz...doesn't seem tio fit very tight? are others the same?

I thought the same thing immediately following installation. I tried bending the retention spring/clip thing a little in case mine had gotten weak or bent over time. Probably not an issue with your 2011.

But it seemed to seal and fit well, despite the little bit of "wiggle". So I rode with it. Checked it again later, and it it's on their good. Like it needed a little bit of suction. Now it doesn't wiggle.

Yes, definitely use the sealing grease as a safety precaution. I think the grease lubes the seal, and that's why you get the initial wiggle. Like I said, it's fine now though.

Yes, definitely use the sealing grease as a safety precaution. I think the grease lubes the seal, and that's why you get the initial wiggle. Like I said, it's fine now though.

Do you need to use sealing grease with the stock filter as well?

Not that I've used it, but I've seen it recommended before. Neoprene filter gasket. http://pcracingusa.c...products_id=163

I use a K&N filter with plenty of sealing grease and haven't had a problem in the more than 3 years since I bought the bike :smirk:

Edited by Jobistober

Do you need to use sealing grease with the stock filter as well?

I always use some kind of sealing grease with my foam filters. Can't hurt, but I think that as long as you apply the foam filter oil to the sealing surface you'll be fine.