Sign in to follow this  

How to plate 2001 xr650r in washington state?

I had a 650l liked it so much i bought the R.The R has so much more power and its much lighter.Washington passed a law now that the R can be coverted to be legal on the road.How much are the kits and how hard is it? Anyone ever did the conversion? If so would like to hear some details thanks

I had a 650l liked it so much i bought the R.The R has so much more power and its much lighter.Washington passed a law now that the R can be coverted to be legal on the road.How much are the kits and how hard is it? Anyone ever did the conversion? If so would like to hear some details thanks

I just got my plate today. Take a look at the DOL web site. It will tell you everything you need. Also check out in the Northwest forum in the 5800 thread.

I put the Tusk Lighting kit from Rockymountain on mine. I've compared it to a BAJA Designs and they switches look identical. Nice kit.

How much was the kit and where did you get it? was it difficult to install?

I think I got it from the internet using search engines and my brain.

I'm finally doing my 650R as well, and I got the Tusk kit from rockymountain as well. The kit has everything you need except the front headlight. Although, the tail light included in the kit isn't a favorite of mine, so I ordered up the parts unlimited brake light kit that goes right in place of the stock unit. The kit is 189, and seems to be pretty good, but I haven't finished putting it all together yet. I'll post some finished pics when its done.

I have a 200 xr650r, street legal with the Baja designs kit. I know they are spendy but they last pretty long. Hell i didnt even put it on but its basically plug and play. only complain is their connectors can be a littl shitty but you it makes hooking it up easy. The bike is legal in alaska but im pretty sure its from washington or somthing

I have a 200 xr650r, street legal with the Baja designs kit. I know they are spendy but they last pretty long. Hell i didnt even put it on but its basically plug and play. only complain is their connectors can be a littl shitty but you it makes hooking it up easy. The bike is legal in alaska but im pretty sure its from washington or somthing

AK is pretty tricky on getting a plate for dirt bikes. By the law, unless it has the manufacturers sticker thatbsays it meets the federal street standard, the its a no-go. But as you know, most boroughs will put a plate on amything. Hell, i know a lot of the guys have their four wheelers plated in Valdez.

So, if you live in ANC, you may want to head out to the valley or the Kenai. Smaller places seem to not be as picky.

Good luck. AK is the best dual sport place in the world.

AK is pretty tricky on getting a plate for dirt bikes. By the law, unless it has the manufacturers sticker thatbsays it meets the federal street standard, the its a no-go. But as you know, most boroughs will put a plate on amything. Hell, i know a lot of the guys have their four wheelers plated in Valdez.

So, if you live in ANC, you may want to head out to the valley or the Kenai. Smaller places seem to not be as picky.

Good luck. AK is the best dual sport place in the world.

Indeed i get to do it everyday :thumbsup: i dont know when and where mine was plated i know its been in AK since 2002 (put on new tags today and peeled old ones)

hi i just plated my xr600r in washington .. it was easy as snot.. buy a dualsport kit and put it on bike .. make sure it works .. then take bike to dealer oing the inspections .. pay them $$$ they do inspection then take paper work ot a lisenising place with title and get it plated .. it is that effen simple .. i used a dual sport kit from procycle .. excelent instructions rember in washington you MUST HAVE TWO MIRRORS so order a second one .. ..