08 Kx450F Problems?

Do these bikes have alot of issues? I am looking into getting a 08 Kx450f, but its been fully rebuilt btm end, top end, and valves springs, etc. I just tend to like bikes that are mainly stock. Will i see alot of problems out of this bike? Anything to look out for? Should i stay away from it etc? He used it at tracks i know, said he never entered in races but you never know. I will generally be using it on trails, and small track at my friends cabin with nothing but small singles etc?

Kawi's are race bikes. Takes a lot to make them into trail bikes. Why would you choose this bike for that?

I did, because I have lots of riding experience, and wanted the fastest yet lightest bike I could find that had a flat powerband curve.

I personally would never buy a used bike that has had bottom end work, unless I personally or professionally knew the person who rebuilt it.

Kawi's handle better and are faster than the Hondas, but the Hondas are more durable and cheaper to fix.

Yeah, he said a local shop did all the work on the BE and TE. I also have a choice at a really clean 05 CRF450 but dont like the idea of it being so old, but its been barely used and in super shape. But anyone can throw new plastics on an older bike and make it look new. Idk i guess ill just have to decide which on it like better

Yeah, he said a local shop did all the work on the BE and TE. I also have a choice at a really clean 05 CRF450 but dont like the idea of it being so old, but its been barely used and in super shape. But anyone can throw new plastics on an older bike and make it look new. Idk i guess ill just have to decide which on it like better

Don't look at the plastics, look at the hardware: bottom of frame for sand blasting from lots of hours, same with top of fork legs, pegs, rims, swingarm. If any of them look like they have been sand blasted, you have a bike with 200+ hours on it.

Look at the bolt heads to see if they look rounded or worn from removal, especially frame and motor.

If I were you I would tear the whole bike down and re lube everything, re torque and double check the "rebuild". I bought mine used and for the first week it sat in pieces untill I was done checking everything. Just my 2C

If you are just a trail cruiser you shouldn't have many issues with any bike..I bought an 08 this past summer used and now it has over 60 hrs on it..it has never been rebuilt or valves adjusted and it still cranks.in 2 kicks cold and one kick hot..I am just now getting in to riding hard so most of those hours are easy hours but so far I havnt had a single issue..I talked to a mechanic at Suzuki city and he told me in his opinion that the 08 is the most durable 4 stroke dual overhead cam motor made