Sign in to follow this  

the 89 is up and running (pics)

a while back i picked up an 89 cr250. the crank was locked up and the cylinder, piston and head were ruined. i bought a complete engine (88 model) off a fellow TT'er (thanks BEN HONDA RACER) and its all together and running. took it out for a little test ride and boy was i surprised. its a lot stronger than i thought it would be. i was going to completely restore it but funds wont allow it. so i must sell it to pay some bills. but at least i still got my 99 and will prolly never part with it. heres a few pics of the 89

(click on thumbnails for larger pic)

89cr250001.th.jpg

89cr250003.th.jpg

89cr250004.th.jpg

Edited by ridinredneck

Good luck getting anywhere close to whats its worth. I believe the belts are tightening as we speak.

i hear ya man. things are getting worse every day. figured if i could get at least $1000 out of it, i would be happy.

I have nearly 3,000 $ into my 94 cr125 and is a 2yr resto with nothing overlooked and hasn,t been riden for more than 5 minutes in the test ride and I can,t even get bites for $1,400.00.Just gonna keep it and admire it.Project was too rid me of the winter blues,fun project.

I have found that these post vintage bikes are a lot more fun to repair and race as is, than do a full restore and try to recoupe your money from. Some of the parts on these 80's Hondas that may seem worn have a much longer service life than you would think.

Edited by gorgon