Sign in to follow this  

Light switch?

I have a 2009 wr250f, I was thinkin about putting a switch to turn off the front light when I am riding during the day time and porbably just leave the rear light alone. I was just gonna go to he auto store and get a 2 pole switch and put it on the hot wire going to the front light bulb. Just wondering if this is gonna mess up the charging system or something since the light will be off most of the time. Have any of yall done this, thanks.,

Is it the stock light? What's your reasoning for wanting to add the switch? It probably wouldn't do any damage (no different than having the light burned out) but from a safety standpoint, I would way rather have a headlight when im on the trails just so others could see me... day or night.

- John

Yes its the stock light. I was just thought it would be nice to have the option to turn thr light off if need be.

It would be safer to use a switch and a relay. You shouldn't have charging issues. There are rare cases of people having weird misfire while having the lights disconnected but adding a resistor fixed at problem. There is a way you can use a switch to cut power off to both your lights and not mess with e CDI. Put the switch or relay on the yellow wire between the stator and the regulator.

I guess I can figure it out, but i will definetly look at the schematics tommorow for the correct wires.