Sign in to follow this  

2004 250 X CARB ?

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A SITE SHOWING THE CARBERATOR DIAGRAM, ONE OF MY AIR VENT LINE IS OUT OF PLACE LIKE TO GET IT BACK IN THE RIGHT LOCATION THANKS

Jake, do you know where one is of the 07 carb?

I don't know...probably could call Sudco to make sure, but I think the only difference is the updated AP.all the other parts should be the same>

Man jake, that 48p jet is awesome!! It has a hanging idle, what jet fixes that!?

I am thinking fine tune with fuel screw.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/755055-04-crf250x-idle-problem/page__p__8231151__hl__hanging%20idle__fromsearch__1#entry8231151

default_large.png

693 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:57 AM

Ya you have the idea...now. start with a warm engine...idle as low as possible without it stalling and screw in to 3/4 start turning out and when you hit the right spot the idle should be higher,enough to even turn it down some more. Then you shoul stop that pesky hanging throttle. . This method has cured a few hanging idles in my circle of buds with new bikes.

Its my understanding that most hanging idle problems are when the carb starts to get dirty and the engine starts looking for fuel ...First step people do is raise there idle some and then down the road they raise it some more and next thing you know you bike is running with the carb open too much at idle maybe even affecting the the tps .Bringing that hanging idle issue. Good luck !!

• Like 1