Sign in to follow this  

California Thanks to everyone that helped out this weekend after the wreck

I don't know if they subscribe to this forum, but just in case I'd like to thank everyone that helped me out this weekend in the Stoddard ORV Area (off of Hodge Rd exit) after my wife's wreck.

My wife and I went riding this sunday and hads just started our first warm up loop when my wife wrecked badly about 2 miles from the truck. I had to leave her to go get help, and everyone I ran into was a good Samaritan. I stopped at the first site I saw (family with the red Suburban) and they not only let me use their phone to dial 911, but met the ambulance 3 miles away at the Interstate and guided them back in. 2 riders on 4-wheelers passed by just as I got back to my wife, and they met the ambulance at the parking lot and guided the ambulance the final 2 miles to my wife's accident site. After the ambulance left, the police stayed on site and watched my wife's bike while I went back for my truck. At the truck, the campsite I was parked next to not only watched my bike while I went back, but helped me empty the trailer, and load up once I returned with my wife's bike.

To everyone that helped me out, without hesitation and not knowing me from Adam, my deepest thanks. It's an incredibly low feeling to leave your wife alone, in the middle of the desert, after you dragged her (screaming in pain from a fractured pelvic bone) off the trail (didn't want her to get run over) to go get help. You all made it possible and much faster than I could have done alone.

Thank you so much.

Sorry to hear about your wife's accident . . . hope she heals up fast and well. Not surprised at all to hear about the help you received from your OHV brothers and sisters . . . I've met some of the best people in the last couple of years while riding.

Thank you both. She didn't break her hip, but did fracture her right sacrum ala fracture. Lot of pain, decent meds, but she'll be off both the street and dirt bikes for a few weeks.