Sign in to follow this  

ktm 560smr jetting issues

Hey guys thanks in advance for the help.. I have an 06 560smr that has been streeted but had some MAJOR electrical issues forcing it to sit in my garage as well as various shops for the past year and a half. I got it running(finally got spark!) ran for about 2 minutes backfiring like no other and would wanna die if i tried coasting with zero throttle, then i was getting on it hard and it just started backfiring and lost ignition altogethor. Took the plug out, getting good spark luckily so i think its too lean... not getting gas? What does it sound like to you and does anyone have the same carb that i can copy the jetting specs for around 5000-9000 feet elevation?

Thanks so much im so close to having my bike back after like 2 plus years of looking at it sit useless!!

Chris

Hey guys thanks in advance for the help.. I have an 06 560smr that has been streeted but had some MAJOR electrical issues forcing it to sit in my garage as well as various shops for the past year and a half. I got it running(finally got spark!) ran for about 2 minutes backfiring like no other and would wanna die if i tried coasting with zero throttle, then i was getting on it hard and it just started backfiring and lost ignition altogethor. Took the plug out, getting good spark luckily so i think its too lean... not getting gas? What does it sound like to you and does anyone have the same carb that i can copy the jetting specs for around 5000-9000 feet elevation?

Thanks so much im so close to having my bike back after like 2 plus years of looking at it sit useless!!

Chris

If your bike has been sitting for two years, you need to pull the carb, replace the jets and seats, and polish out the needle passage, to remove all the corrosion.

even if i drained the carb before it sat? and it ran just the same as the last time i rode it 2 years ago i just think the jetting is off.. is it just the main and pilot?

You have to clean out the carb. There is not shortcut. Draining the float bowl is not enough. If you leave it dry it just corrodes from oxygen, instead of Ethanol and oxygen.

Edited by Krannie