Sign in to follow this  

Sharing some pics and info. about my 03 S/SM,

Picked up this 03 S model a few months ago. This is my 5th DRZ, haha. I've had 3 SM's, and an 01 S. Well this time I decided to really make the bike mine so maybe I'd hang onto it! And also my son is riding dirt now, he's 11 and on a XR100, so I need a dirt bike to ride with him. Anyways I picked it up for 1700 (super cheap in CA), it's got 7500 miles on it, runs perfect but was pretty rough cosmetically (and blue) and completely stock down to the turn signals and tailight. Here's how she sits now, forgot to take the before pics.

Wheeling Cycle Supply for all the white plastic and graphics, Clarke 4.2, new MT21's, TAG bars, SDC seat, Edge tail.... and just some deep cleaning and new fluids!

2012-01-24_17-15-52_975.jpg

2012-01-21_16-49-26_819.jpg

drz1.jpg

2012-01-21_14-30-21_244.jpg

So now that i'm happy with how the bike looks and runs i'm starting with some protective mods and or course gotta have a Supermoto set up! Got my wheels today, All black Warp 9's. Really excited to have them!

2012-01-30_16-49-37_767.jpg

Did a little mock up tonight just to familiarize myself with them.

2012-01-30_19-02-08_872.jpg

2012-01-30_19-01-42_777.jpg

2012-01-30_19-01-29_648.jpg

I really like them! Now that the "big" purchase is over I can budget out for some tires, also going to run the Tail Tech Voyager. And besides that a few other minor strength mods coming, TT skid, TT mcct, and some Radiator guards and this bike should be ready for business. Thanks for checking out my bike.... What do you guys think??

And just for fun........ my drz past minus my 05sm

My 06

drz400sm.jpg

My other 06, FCR, full exhaust... bunch of goodies on this one.

IMG_2929.jpg

digging the white!... i would get white if i didnt ride in mud all the time. if i move to colorado ill most defiantly change my bike from blue to white

loving the fact that a car with a "tire rack" sticker on it has no tires.

oh and nice bike :smirk: but those warp 9s are awful, package them up and mail them to me. I feel so sorry for you i'll pay shipping ;-)

Edited by Davenjw

Love the seat...Is that a Seat concepts?

Did the Warp 9 wheels use a DRZ sprocket/bearing spacers, and disc bolt patterns? You sir are a true DRZ addict!!!!

Edited by Bobbed06

a>

Awesome looking front rotor...what brand/size is that?

It's just the "stock" one that comes with the warp 9 wheel set. 320mm I believe.

Love the seat...Is that a Seat concepts?

Did the Warp 9 wheels use a DRZ sprocket/bearing spacers, and disc bolt patterns? You sir are a true DRZ addict!!!!

Seat is a seat concepts seat. It's the "tall" one. Cosmetically I think the standard one looks better, but i'm tall so this makes sense. The warp 9's come with all spacers, sprocket and discs. The rear are KTM bolt pattern. No biggie.

How did you find one for 1700 bucks in CA? I'm on the lookout for a SM now. I can't seem to find an SM for under 3,500. Any secrets you would like to share, or just right place right time?

loving the fact that a car with a "tire rack" sticker on it has no tires.

oh and nice bike :smirk: but those warp 9s are awful, package them up and mail them to me. I feel so sorry for you i'll pay shipping ;-)

Haha, I'll get them right out to you.... they are terrible.

How did you find one for 1700 bucks in CA? I'm on the lookout for a SM now. I can't seem to find an SM for under 3,500. Any secrets you would like to share, or just right place right time?

Yeah I'm a craigslist addict. I was able to sell my last 06 SM for 3600, then just waited a couple weeks till this popped up. So I was able to scoop it, and fix it up a bit and pocket some cash. You just gotta keep looking man, I paid 3000 for my last 06 SM, only had 1800 miles on it. That one was a good deal also. The SM will always bring a little more though stock for stock. Also you gotta be willing to drive a few hours to get it..... they never pop up in town!

I've been searching crazedlist.org for the west coast. I still have some time though as I need the tax man's money before I have enough dough for the purchase. Thanks for the encouragement.

Also, use Search Tempest to search Craigslist more efficiently. I'm hooked on tempest....

I used bikefinds.com.

I'm loving the all black rims. Might have to pay a powder coater a visit...

Got my tires today!!!! After exhausting research I decided to give the Bridgestone BT016's a try. I found them on Ebay for $188 shipped! I thought that was a great price.

I just mounted them up, Even though I don't have my 40t rear sprocket yet I'm gonna throw them on just to see what it looks like, excited!

2012-02-07_10-47-10_49.jpg

2012-02-07_10-47-55_6.jpg

2012-02-07_11-57-44_755.jpg

All mounted and test driven! I'm surprised my chain worked, Now gotta get my Tail Tech Voyager, and lay off the money spending before my wife freaks out, oh and my rear locker in my Jeep decided to break! Gotta take care of that to. Always something!

I think it looks pretty sick! Needs a full exhaust though.... not into the noise anymore though....

2012-02-07_13-19-17_582.jpg

Man that looks great bro,

I,m goin this route soon with the Warp 9,s

What size tire,s did you go with,I have been searchin n im just not sure ,I dont want any rubbin or fitment issues..Thanks

Man that looks great bro,

I,m goin this route soon with the Warp 9,s

What size tire,s did you go with,I have been searchin n im just not sure ,I dont want any rubbin or fitment issues..Thanks

I went with 120/70r17 for the front and 150/60r17 for the rear. This is pretty standard Supermoto sizing. It's funny you mention "rubbin"... I'm sitting here having just finished off-setting my rear wheel because after my first official shake down run today my chain was rubbing the hell out of my tire! I knew it was a potential issue but wow it really rubbed alot more than I thought it would.... Oh well it's not hard to off-set the wheel a 1/4 inch. Just loosen the drive spokes (ended up being about 1 turn) and tighten the brake side spokes (again 1 turn) and now it looks a lot better. I still am going to get the SM chain guide for it though just to not even have to think about it again.

• Like 1