Sign in to follow this  

Bike won't start

Tryin to start my 2007 crf250 but all it does is backfire never had a problem with the bike and always started by the second kick can anyone help me????

I'm not expert here but ive had the same problems,

Valves, This is usually the problem when a bike won't start, The valve clearances get to tight and make the bike very hard to get the engine running... It isn't hard to check valves but you need to take your time to make sure you do everything correctly, This guide is done on a crf250X but it is the same to do on an R...

http://crfsonly.com/howto/crf250x/crf-valve-adjustment/crf250x-valve-adjustment.php

If you find your valves are good then check your jetting, If there was a sudden temperature change then it might make the jetting wrong...

A clogged pilot jet will make it backfire and not start. It sounds like you need to do some maintenance on the bike at this point anyway. Do check the valves and have the carb cleaned. A good time to replace the jets also. At least at that point, you know what you have. If you haven't already done it, replace the leak jet with a 40 or 45. The bike will have a lot more snap to it.