Sign in to follow this  

Will bike fit in short bed truck?

Looking at a 2003 ranger edge, pretty sure it's a 4 foot bed, will me 250 fit?

With the tailgate down. Just get one of those snazzy tail gate bar set-ups. NP.

My Tundra has a 5.5' bed and I have plenty of room to put the drz4500sm in it and a crf88 with extra gear and stuff. Bike is not straight in the bed though.

I don't think a 4' bed is an option in rangers (pretty sure 6' is the only option for that year) so you may want to check the specs again (unless you found a crew cab ranger from over seas or something).

Edited by woods-rider

I put my bike in my short bed 86 chevy. I put the front wheel in the right front corner of the bed, and pull the back wheel over against the left wheel well. then strap it down from the handlebars. So the bike is diagonal. It doesnt budge..way more secure than pulling it straight in. And I can close my tailgate.

Yeah a 6 foot bed may not fit your bike unless you angle it. I know I have to deflate the tires a bit to get mine to fit in a 6 foot bed, only because there's an atv taking up 80% of the bed and I can't angle it. It should fit diagonally no problem.

thanks for the input everyone, but it turns out the truck was a scam! watch out for anyone on craigslist who claims to be "senior medic sgt. 1st class....." luckily i googled him shortly before i was going to wire him the money, but i found dozens of cases where people claim to be deploying to Afghanistan for 2 years and "dont want the truck to go to waste in my backyard" WATCH OUT! (still searching for a small pickup that will fit 3 friends as well as my bike if anyone is looking to sell)

Not sure what your budget is, but i was in a similar search a year ago. Originally looked at a ranger, but so glad i kept looking and went with a 2003 Toyota Tacoma double cab instead.

absolutely love it. back seat is plenty comfortable for all but the tallest people (i'm 6ft .5" and fit fine.) or i can fill it with gear and the 5 foot bed is awesome for just about everything else... bike fits with tailgate down of course. The truck is very capable off-road and the mpg is solid. If you want a 6ft bed, go with the ext. cab and have your friend sit on the jump seat.

Shortly after i bought it... (I installed Bilstein 5100's, OME 881 coils, Wheelers 5-pack leafs, 265/75/16 Duratracs, Demello HD Round Sliders)

IMG-20110501-00029Small.jpg

Craigslist Topper on for winter, rims painted, CB installed etc.

IMAG0562.png

• Like 1

im not usually a toyota guy, but thats a pretty damn good looking yota! thought about fender flares like bushwacker yet? maybe something other than black (i love blacked out vehicles) it would just make the truck pop out a little better imho.

Yeah watch for those scams. They are over abundant on clist if you can't see it in person or can't speak to the person on the phone it's a scam. That's a classic I've had many of those emails when I was looking for my first car on there. Or I'd get an email two weeks later saying sorry it took so long to respond I've been stationed to florida now but if you want the car I will pay for the shipping to you, just send me the money. I decided to send him an email back and continued to torment him, I told him I have an uncle down there (which i do) that would like to look at it. He said he got stationed in Washington then, I said I have a brother out there that would take a look at the car before he shipped it. That's about when I stopped receiving emails. I don't even list an email when I sell things on there anymore because no matter what I sell I'll get 10 scams or email collectors for every one real person. This was the most recent one....

K, thank you for getting back to me. It turns out i can not buy it now anyways…

my cousin just crashed the back of my jeep so now i need to figure out how much

the damage will be to repair it. UGH!

Thank god he's ok but of course it has to happen now, when i am finally making

good money with this home income program ive been using. You know, if you want,

theyve just opened up 2 more positions in our area. Basically you get paid to

post links on the internet, it's very simple and I usually just do it while

watching tv.

Here's the link if you want to read about it:

http://www.consumers...?article=407881

Ive made about $500 each week since I started.. not enough to leave my job yet

but i finally have some extra money in my checking account. Well, probably not

after i have to pay the mechanic bill lol. My sister is going to sign up later

and these positions usually go fast, so Id appreciate it if you didnt give the

link to anyone else. Thanks!

Junko

There has to be something they can do about it because it is just overwhelming at times and I'm sure people do fall for the tricks.

That toyota looks really nice. If that clist topper was black it would be even better looking, but I'm sure for the price you paid your more than happy with the topper. You'd be much happier with a toyota they are just so much nicer than any domestic truck. But they ain't cheap.

Edited by 79yamdt

even though you aren't in the market for that scam any longer, etc. here is some more info for others.....we could create a whole new topic on CL scams that would span 100 pages....

I have a 5'8" bed - the short bed on later model Chevy Silverado's. I think dropping the tailgate adds about 8-10".

2 big bikes (2007 RMZ450 and 2003 CRF250R) fit in no problem - with the tailgate down and a bed extender. The rear tires are a few inches short of the bed extender.

Looking at a 2003 ranger edge, pretty sure it's a 4 foot bed, will me 250 fit?

Not really sure but one of our midsize diesel pickup, a 3.0-litre Isuzu DMax, can accommodate at the most 3 bikes, with the 3rd-bike placed in the centre facing the back. Normally, a 250cc MX bike is about 2.2m long. Just open the trunk gate of your utility truck for extension.

DSC04532_a.jpg

DMax4x2.jpg

Edited by joshua_inigo

Not sure what your budget is, but i was in a similar search a year ago. Originally looked at a ranger, but so glad i kept looking and went with a 2003 Toyota Tacoma double cab instead.

absolutely love it. back seat is plenty comfortable for all but the tallest people (i'm 6ft .5" and fit fine.) or i can fill it with gear and the 5 foot bed is awesome for just about everything else... bike fits with tailgate down of course. The truck is very capable off-road and the mpg is solid. If you want a 6ft bed, go with the ext. cab and have your friend sit on the jump seat.

Shortly after i bought it... (I installed Bilstein 5100's, OME 881 coils, Wheelers 5-pack leafs, 265/75/16 Duratracs, Demello HD Round Sliders)

IMG-20110501-00029Small.jpg

Craigslist Topper on for winter, rims painted, CB installed etc.

IMAG0562.png

What's the US mpg of the midsize gasoline-fed Toyota Tacoma?

My 4-cylinder 3.0-litre DMax seeps 12.5 km/litre (29.4 US mpg) in city-driving, 17.0 km/litre (40 US mpg) in off-city driving along provincial roads, and 20.0 km/litre (47 US mpg) in freeways at speeds of 80 kph-90 kph (50 mph to 55 mph).

Mine is a diesel midsize pickup not as powerful as the US trucks in terms of horsepower. It produces only about 163 hp but it gives out a pulling-force/ or peak flat torque of 360 Nm (265.5 lb force-ft) starting at a low-rev of 1800 rpm that extends until 2800 rpm. At only an engine-rev of 1800 rpm in the crank, it is doing sequential pressure combustion only at 900 times per minute.

how about a subaru and trailer. go anywhere,lots of room,great gas milage.this works excellent for me.if you want power look at the 3.0 models.i have a pickup extra cab f150 i prefer to run the subaru .

just a thought that works for me.these little rigs tow 2000 lbs vey comfortable.and gear inside and on the yakima racks,and four fullsize people.

Thanks ppl, yeah i love the Taco, test drove Dodge/Chevy/Ford in my price range and they didn't come close to the quality feel the Toyo has. In my region at least, there was only about a $1000/$2000 difference between a dom and the low miles Yota i got. If basic maint. is done, Motor and trans will easily last into the 250k mile mark. Well worth it IMHO.

That topper's going black as soon as i take it off for the first Spring DB load-up. I've got a friend that will paint it for the cost of paint + a case of beer :bonk:

I've seen a handful with Bushwackers and they can be nice but right now i'm looking at some steelies that will push the tire/rim out past the stock flares just enough to keep it classy ( about 1-1.5"). Blacked out is the end goal along with plate bumpers front and rear and full skids. But i've hardly had the truck for a year and have a 6 month old son, so funds are slow to arrive in the truck fund. :lol:

Man, me and the entire tacomaworld.com forum would sell our kidney's if Toyota either sold the Hilux in the States or at least offered a diesel Taco option. Hell, my V6 only makes 190hp and 220 ft/lbs torque at 3600rpm. Checking my logs, i avg about 16.5 mpg during m-f on winter gas (which drops your mpg about 1-2) That's loaded with the topper, sliders, and 120lbs of sand bags in the back for traction on ice. Also up about 2-2.5 inches over stock and on one size larger than stock, more aggressive tires. My commute is 15 miles each way to and from the big city, about 1/2 stop and go, 1/2 at hwy speeds. Send me your DMAX, i'll pay for shipping. :smirk:

Dune, i have a friend that has a "Lesbaru" (his words, not mine. For some reason he got the 'Champagne' color Outback and keeps pulling up alongside Champagne Outbacks with two ladies in the front seats...) and he (and I) love the car for it's AWD and guts. Pulls a trailer with 2-3 bikes just fine. Personally, i'm working on selling my wife's car and getting her in a 2004 Forester 2.5XT.

Oh yeah, and here's me lined up with an ext cab 6ft bed Tacoma, and a buncha jeeps at a local OHV park pre-topper.

IMG_0256Medium.jpg

Edited by DblCabMN