Sign in to follow this  

Anyone seen the new Honda!

I was on the Honda web site last night and ran across the Honda NC700x and all I can say is WOW!! It looks like a really nice bike and the price piont is spot on!! I may have to break down this summer and buy my first brand new motorcycle. Have a look and let me know what you guys think of this bike.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/624/12044/Motorcycle-Article/2012-Honda-NC700X-First-Look.aspx

Looks not to bad. I was just taking a look at it on the Canadian Honda web site. It looks like in Canada we will be getting two models, one being a straight up standard, and the second being a standard with a litle more gravel road ability. It sort of looks like it is working as a little sister to the CBF1000. It seems to be sitting at a really good price though! With some prety cool features, I am not really into an automatic bike, but from what I have read on the DCT in the VFR it is amazing on the track. I think if I was in the market for a new bike I would take a look at it. Hopefully Honda will come out with a more adventure oriendted version.

yeah I was looking more into it and the frame is kinda funky and the other bike in the scope (versys and vstrom) have dual disc fronts and the versys has ajustable suspension..I am looking for details on instrumentation now.

I am really looking for a good commuter bike with the dirt bike type riding position, the style on the honda is very eye catching but looking further into it, the suspension and brakes may be a concern..

I wish the japanese bike dealer woud allow test rides!!

I would be getting the 6 speed version an auto would just feel wrong

My KLR (08) would be a great commuter. (depending on the length of your commute)

Anything under 30 miles would be comfortable. A new seat would be in order. The seat sucks.

I love mine for an around town grocery getter and camping bike. (easy to throw in the truck).

Gravel roads are ok but anything else requires my Baja weapon (XR650 dually).

Cheap also and 45-50 mpg.

I have see the new Honda.

Too low to the ground for me.

Looks pretty cool though.

I like to look above the cars and be seen also.

Edited by dezracerE

Good looking bike. Almost a standard type bike. No real off road value. Looks like a great comuter bike, and that price. Spot on. Now lets see a ride test.

Look close at the left side pic. No clutch lever & no shift lever?? Its a scootercycle. "two automatic settings, sporty S and standard D, as well as MT – which allows riders to shift manually via switchgear buttons". Bleh.

Edited by xrflogger

There are 2 options. The base level is a regular setup with MSRP at $6999. The Dual Clutch Technology (DCT) and ABS version is MSRP$8999.

So far I love what I have seen but only a test ride will tell me what I need to know.

I am VERY interested in the base model as I prefer to have a friction zone and the DCT does away with the clutch lever completely not to mention I loath ABS. The DCT works like a race bike with a little button to push in MT mode.