Sign in to follow this  

Big guy setup

I got my bike back last week and took it to the track Sunday. I had much larger springs (front & rear) installed and the shock revalved at a local shop (2003 CRF 450R). I am not a small guy but I also don't try to do jumps or ride like a 16 year old. The new setup helped a LOT. I was much more confidant and was able to go a lot faster. Ok, going faster for me is keeping up with my 8 year old and not getting lapped by my 5 year old. I was afraid it would not help much but it was well worth the $$$. It was a lot but I think it was resonable for the parts and labor, a lot cheaper than sending them away and I did not have to do anything except drop off and pick up. The shop owner was cool, made the comment "he was surprised I could even get around the track because it was set up for MAX 180 pounds before." Watch out kids now the big old guy can keep up with you on the kiddie track.

Good for you Wade! I am also a "larger" individual and sent my suspension off to Factory Connection. I can not wait to get back to the track. I also sent my 10 year old sons to them so he will also have the advantage of a properly set up bike as well. No worries about beating him, I'll just have to on my game! I am psyched to see what he will be able to do with the confidence of a real working suspension under him!

Edited by DirtDad3