Sign in to follow this  

FCR Carb Jetting Woes

Well I have been fighting with this carb off a RMZ450 for 2 weeks now.

Sea Level

55pilot

165main

1 setting richer than centered on needle

Uni Air filter

FMF slip on

Uncorcked

With the above I tried almost every different fuel screw settings from .25 turns out to 3 turns out

The same sympton still kept coming up (a stumble fart if you will)

Then swapped out the 55 pilot for a 48 pilot, followed the instructions given on here on setting idle the same problem still arises

I rode it to work today and it does ok at cruising speeds but updon deceleration it stumbles or even dies?[/indent]

Edited by selztoad

Fuel screw is for idle only. Set it for a perfect idle and leave it alone.

You need to adjsut eh AP, tha is the part of the carb that deals with a bog. Do the oring mod or wire the linkage or get a Merge Racing APS spring. Check/set the AP timing ensure you have a good squir tand that it just barely misses the slide.

Fuel screw is for idle only. Set it for a perfect idle and leave it alone.

You need to adjsut eh AP, tha is the part of the carb that deals with a bog. Do the oring mod or wire the linkage or get a Merge Racing APS spring. Check/set the AP timing ensure you have a good squir tand that it just barely misses the slide.

I checked the AP squirt and it seems right, what is the cause for stumble after letting off the throttle if its not the Pilot Jet? It will idle fine for a minute or two and then cough/fart

Pilot jet and fuel screw are for idle ONLY. It is the AP that causes a bog when you accelerate.

If the bike stalls when idling, then you have the pilot wrong and or the fuel screw wrong. I assume the rest of the engine is healthy and the idle speed is not too low.

You last post does not make a lot of sense. you are stating two distinctly different things.

Is your hand off the throttle, when the smoothly running motor is idling, then stumbles?

If that's the case, it does not sound like a jetting issue; more like a fuel starvation or ignition issue.

Can you 'force' it to keep running by pushing up the idle, or blipping the throttle?