Sign in to follow this  

2002 yz426 fork upgrade question

So after years and years of riding my forks finally gave in. I'm looking to buy some used forks off ebay but i was wondering if my bikes triple clamps will accept newer forks. I've searched high and low for fork diameters on yz450 forks with no luck. I'm thinking maybe just off an 04 as ive found some on ebay. does anyone have these dimensions or know if theyll swap straight across? Don't wanna spend 250 on forks if they dont fit lol, so any help would be great. Thanks!

they do accept the newer fork, the 06 is the best year as the front brake is the same, if you get the 07 you need the front brake caliper and i believe wheel spacer.

they do accept the newer fork, the 06 is the best year as the front brake is the same, if you get the 07 you need the front brake caliper and i believe wheel spacer.

The '06 and '07 YZ450 forks are identical other than valving differences, and the '03 brake caliper will bolt up to either, and the front wheel fits both. It is the '08 YZ450 that uses a smaller caliper. Forks from a YZ250F will fit IF you swap the steering stem from the 450 into the clamps. In the case of the 250F, only the '06 fork should be considered, because that bike did get the small caliper in '07, unlike the 450.